Who is going to Bama vs Texas A&M game?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
It's probably easiest to stay in Houston (west/ northwest side of town) and just drive up. Not many hotels in Bryan/ College Station and I'm sure theyre a lot more expensive. The drive is less than 2 hours.

squib

1st Team
Sep 24, 2005
I booked an extra room in College Station that I had to pay for in advance. I don't need the extra room. I'll let it go for cost if someone wants it.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
It's probably easiest to stay in Houston (west/ northwest side of town) and just drive up. Not many hotels in Bryan/ College Station and I'm sure theyre a lot more expensive. The drive is less than 2 hours.
Yep, when I last looked, Super 8 costs you $300 a night... We will be there with our RV. Got our parking pass through aTm. Still looking for tix but, seeing the goobers faces after the game when Johnny football gets shut down and they realize a 4 or 5 loss season is on the way will be priceless...

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I was thinking of going to the game in Atlanta against Virginia Tech, but now I am leaning towards this one instead.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
I was thinking of going to the game in Atlanta against Virginia Tech, but now I am leaning towards this one instead.
If you want to be comfortable, I would go to Atlanta. This is going to be the 2:30 CBS game. Mid-September in SE Texas is brutal. I bet it's going to be in the upper 90's at game time with 100% humidity. Basically a sauna with about 80,000+ sweating right beside you. I really want to go to this game bad as it's only an hour and a half from my front door (never figured I would ever see a Bama game that close to home-EVER), but I would be much more comfortable watching this one from my pool as the game is going down on the TV from my outdoor kitchen. Plus, tickets are going to be crazy high as well.

If you go, stay on the NW side of H-town. Not a bad drive from there. Lots of hotels going out 290 toward Cypress or even I-10 around Katy wouldn't be too bad. I bet all CS hotels have been booked.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Wife and I are going, can't wait (our vacation). Staying at Embassy Suites near the Galleria. Of course, there are plenty of hotels that side of town. If I was to start looking now, I would check out some sites like Kayak or Trivago for hotels in west or northwest Houston. After I narrow down the hotels this way I call the hotels directly for a better deal. It depends on how much work you want to put into it to save a few bucks.

beccafries

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 4, 2012
Thanks!!...we driving from Dallas so about a 2.5 hr drive u think? Yes hotels are all booked around CS.... I heard Franklin area is not too bad of a drive from the school.... or we may do a turn around trip...2.5 not bad!!

lazlohollyfeld

1st Team
Jul 20, 2010
Allen, TX
If you want to be comfortable, I would go to Atlanta. This is going to be the 2:30 CBS game. Mid-September in SE Texas is brutal. I bet it's going to be in the upper 90's at game time with 100% humidity. Basically a sauna with about 80,000+ sweating right beside you. I really want to go to this game bad as it's only an hour and a half from my front door (never figured I would ever see a Bama game that close to home-EVER), but I would be much more comfortable watching this one from my pool as the game is going down on the TV from my outdoor kitchen. Plus, tickets are going to be crazy high as well.

If you go, stay on the NW side of H-town. Not a bad drive from there. Lots of hotels going out 290 toward Cypress or even I-10 around Katy wouldn't be too bad. I bet all CS hotels have been booked.
I'm going to do the same as you, but with a clarification. I'll be in the shady side of the pool watching the game.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Thanks!!...we driving from Dallas so about a 2.5 hr drive u think? Yes hotels are all booked around CS.... I heard Franklin area is not too bad of a drive from the school.... or we may do a turn around trip...2.5 not bad!!
Piece of cake. Game will be over by 6 PM. I have no clue how bad traffic is getting out of Aggie land but I would guess you should be back in your bed by 11 PM.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008

On second thought, I think I'll stick with Atlanta! :)

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX
Check out Hotels in Conroe, it's much closer to College Station than Houston and has lots of decent resorts/golf courses. It's about an hour from College Station, but not too far from George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) airport. A lot of visiting teams stay there to avoid the traffic from Houston to College Station on gameday when they aren't staying at the Hilton College Station & Conference Center. Lots of people also rent out houses that are within a few miles (some within walking distance) of Kyle Field. If interested, I could always dig up some additional info, so feel free to PM me with any questions. To the poster staying near the Galleria, watch out for the traffic around there.

The Aggie

May 29, 2013
I second WingMan, but I would stay in The Woodlands. It's about a half hour or less from Bush Intercontinental just south of Conroe. The area has plenty of hotels and restaurants/bars, and is family friendly. It's an easy drive to College Station at a little over an hour.

Also, I would recommend getting to campus by 11:00 or earlier to tailgate near the stadium. A&M has a unique game-day experience pre-game, too.

Also, don't speed on highway 6 between Navasota and College Station....cops are out in full force.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
I second WingMan, but I would stay in The Woodlands. It's about a half hour or less from Bush Intercontinental just south of Conroe. The area has plenty of hotels and restaurants/bars, and is family friendly. It's an easy drive to College Station at a little over an hour.

Also, I would recommend getting to campus by 11:00 or earlier to tailgate near the stadium. A&M has a unique game-day experience pre-game, too.

Also, don't speed on highway 6 between Navasota and College Station....cops are out in full force.
Good advice. The Woodlands isn't a bad drive, has a ton of hotels, and has probably the best places to eat just shy of going into H-town. Also, like Aggie says, don't go all lead foot on Highway 6 unless you want a nice souvenir from the state of TX.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Agree with all above about the Conroe/Woodlands area. You can take State Highway 105 from Conroe to Navasota and pickup Highway 6 there. Its closer than Houston. For that matter, if you are coming into Texas on IH-10, you can pick up 105 at Beaumont and bypass Houston altogether.

If you are inclined to stay in Houston, I would recommend the Galleria area. US 290 has some hotels but not much else, and its only a few minute farther from the Galleria.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
This is going to be the 2:30 CBS game. Mid-September in SE Texas is brutal. I bet it's going to be in the upper 90's at game time with 100% humidity. Basically a sauna with about 80,000+ sweating right beside you. I really want to go to this game bad as it's only an hour and a half from my front door (never figured I would ever see a Bama game that close to home-EVER), but I would be much more comfortable watching this one from my pool as the game is going down on the TV from my outdoor kitchen. Plus, tickets are going to be crazy high as well.
As summer has set in, my desire to go has waned also. Year before last, it was 101 in CS on September 14th.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.