Incredible Bama Team Talent Breakdown!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
A friend of mine basically lives on Rivals.com. He sent me the following.....

DID YOU KNOW:
Of the 3 guys we have on our depth chart at MLB: All 3 were top 100 national recruits (DePriest, Ragland, Allen)
Of the 3 guys we have on our depth chart at WLB: All 3 were top 100 national recruits (Mosley, Patrick & Foster)
Of the 4 guys we have on our depth chart at JLB: 3 were top 100 national recruits (Dickson, Anderson & Williams and 1 was a top 250 national recruit (Devall)
All of our DEs were 4* or higher
We have 6 top 100 national recruits at RB (Yeldon, Henry, Hart, Tenpenny, Jones & Kamara)
All of our WRs were 4* or higher
AND…
Of the 22 positions on a football team, Alabama has a 5 star player at 8 of the 22 positions (with multiple 5*s at RB)
In other words, we have a 5* starting or in the pipeline for 1 out of every 3 positions.

Pretty darn impressive--

Sip

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

DID YOU KNOW:
Of the 3 guys we have on our depth chart at MLB: All 3 were top 100 national recruits (DePriest, Ragland, Allen)
Of the 3 guys we have on our depth chart at WLB: All 3 were top 100 national recruits (Mosley, Patrick & Foster)
Of the 4 guys we have on our depth chart at JLB: 3 were top 100 national recruits (Dickson, Anderson & Williams and 1 was a top 250 national recruit (Devall)
We have 6 top 100 national recruits at RB (Yeldon, Henry, Hart, Tenpenny, Jones & Kamara)
AND…
Of the 22 positions on a football team, Alabama has a 5 star player at 8 of the 22 positions (with multiple 5*s at RB)
In other words, we have a 5* starting or in the pipeline for 1 out of every 3 positions.

Pretty darn impressive--

Sip
Thanks Sip and that is most impressive. Devall was the #2 player in the state of LA behind Landon so I think he was a top 100 player also. The talent level right now is ridiculous and the incredible thought is it is only going to get better.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

DID YOU KNOW:
AND…

Pretty darn impressive--

Sip
This makes me feel good about our chances. As long as we can maintain the focus we need to win.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
the rich get richer

10 years ago we were lucky to get a few good in-state guys...and then it was because they were life-long Alabama fans or their parents were. Coaching is important...we all know that here...but at the end of the day it is the guys on the field who have to make the plays. We not only have talent now at every position, but those talented kids were more than likely very well coached in high school, which makes them much more successful as incoming freshmen. I think Coach Saban has done more for high school football in the Southeast than most people know. He raised the bar on things like S&C, defensive schemes, and having a champion mindset. A lot of this is a direct result of his camps as well as his relationships with coaches. Definitely a great time to be a 3-5 star athlete in Alabama.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
I was at a lot of those games. Strange seeing a #80 running out of our backfield (must have been signed as an end ?). He was one of my favorites also. He was a 1st round pick of the 49'ers and later played for the Redskins. Haven't thought of him in a long time.
Indeed he was, recruited as a wide receiver and later moved to half-back. Jackson's yards per carry were impressive for the era, aided by the fact that under the rules of that time, on an option play, if the pitch came after the qb had crossed the line of scrimmage, the rb got the credit for yardage gained after the pitch but was not charged with a carry. Gary Rutledge, the starting qb, was very proficient at the option and often pitched well after crossing the line of scrimmage. Jackson broke some of these late pitches for long gains, thereby really boosting his average yards per carry.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Take a look at these scores, Richard Todd was a lot like AJ is now & don't forget mt favorite Wilbur Jackson

http://www.totalfootballstats.com/Team_College.asp?id=52&Season=1973

What's interesting about that '73 team was that no one knew quite what to expect. We lost a bunch of senior All-Americans from the year before and a bunch of younger players were getting their first real shot.

Two things, though. Todd didn't start. It was his first varsity season. Gary Rutledge, as fine a wishbone leader as we've ever had, ran things. Secondly, I hope this year ends on a higher note. RTR.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
There is no question that we have talent. The only question is whether we have the leadership and toughness to win in the clutch in the 3-4 games that will test us and determine our season's success. We have the last 2 years...but we have lost leaders on both sides of the ball who stepped up in the tough times. Will the new starters be just as tough? Only time will tell...

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Agree, I'm looking forward to seeing more Pagan & Fanning.
Since about 2001 I've been having pipe dreams about good rush ends and QB sacks. We came close to getting J Clowney which would've been an instant fix. Maybe this is finally my year!

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
Fantastic, and this is before we even mention the 5* coaching staff.
Roll Tide!
We had a 5* coach back in 73 too :D. That is the key. We are all trying to compare Coach Saban to arguably the best coach in the history of the sport. And in the end, Coach Saban might very well take Coach Bryants place in history as the greatest coach. I hear remarks like BAMA being linebacker U, or running back U, but BAMA is coach U. It simply does not get any better than Coach Bryant, and Coach Saban.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.