*** DL Johnny Dwight commits to Alabama ***

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: ***DL Johnny Dwight commits to Bama***

Per BOL, sources close to CNS and staff have heard them mentioned that Dwight is the best DT in the state of Georgia for the 2014 class. He showed up to camp @ 6.25 and 303 lbs, bigger than what the recruiting services listed him. Apparently he has a wicked swim move that is virtually unstoppable !! But hey, he's only a 3 star. :rolleye2:

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

Per BOL, sources close to CNS and staff have heard them mentioned that Dwight is the best DT in the state of Georgia for the 2014 class. He showed up to camp @ 6.25 and 303 lbs, bigger than what the recruiting services listed him. Apparently he has a wicked swim move that is virtually unstoppable !! But hey, he's only a 3 star. :rolleye2:
One coach from another school said he was the best prospect he had seen in the country this year FWIW.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

RTR JD! I love jumping on these unknowns early. Hopefully Matt Elam will commit too. Should be a sick class for DT, DE types.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Update: a lot of people are giving Dwight high remarks and comparing him to Dareus. Also, Elam has been so impressive that 24/7 is moving up into the top 50 when ranking are updated.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Update: a lot of people are giving Dwight high remarks and comparing him to Dareus. Also, Elam has been so impressive that 24/7 is moving up into the top 50 when ranking are updated.
Does this or how does this effect us with getting Elisha Shaw or Andrew Brown if Elam were to commit?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Alabama Intel reporting Johnny has reached out to LSU. He's schedule to visit Tuscaloosa this weekend.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Alabama Intel reporting Johnny has reached out to LSU. He's schedule to visit Tuscaloosa this weekend.
LSU reporters think he ends up in their class. Something about our dwindling communication with him. Similar to the Bessent situation maybe? I guess we'll find out this weekend.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

May be a good indicator on Elam's decision.
I really do not understand this. JD has an offer, accepted and is now part of this class. So, is he simply "not feeling the love" and wants to check out LSU or is it something else? What would it matter to JD what Elam does? Johnny Dwight has already said "yes" to us and should be in this class unless I'm missing something.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I really do not understand this. JD has an offer, accepted and is now part of this class. So, is he simply "not feeling the love" and wants to check out LSU or is it something else? What would it matter what Elam does when he has already said "yes" to us?
I don't really understand it either and it seems this happens from time to time even with the kid having an offer and his commitment. I guess even with a commitable offer schools can make it seem as though they do not want you (lack of contact, etc..) if someone else higher on the board may come on board.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Because until NSD, they can change their mind. They aren't "a part of this class" until the ink is dry on the LOI.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Because until NSD, they can change their mind. They aren't "a part of this class" until the ink is dry on the LOI.
Thanks Belle and certainly that is the obvious response. My inquiry is to the above exchange. Johnny Dwight is suddenly looking at LSU when he has been a verbal since early June and the insinuation is that it has something to do with a decision by another defensive tackle (Elam). It just strikes me as odd.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.