*** DL Johnny Dwight commits to Alabama ***

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: ***DL Johnny Dwight commits to Bama***

Roll Tide! Looks like this young man had a good camp; kinda came out of left field.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus

Roll Tide JD, and LOL at this from the AJC:

Dwight visited Florida earlier this spring, and never made the trip to LSU. He said he’s finished with college trips. “No more visits,” he said. “I’m focusing on school.”

What about UGA and Georgia Tech? Dwight didn’t have an early offer from either in-state school. “Georgia talked to me a little bit, but they didn’t even offer,” he said. Would it have made a difference? “I don’t think so. Not with Alabama. They’re the champs.”
http://tinyurl.com/ma3u9ly

:biggrin:

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

Funny that will all the DL prospects everyone is talking about OJ Smith and Johnny Dwight are the first two to commitment. Diamonds in the rough are funny like that and I hope UA found themselves another one.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

After watching his highlights, he has a great swim move and seems rather quick. I could see a DE in his future if the S&C coach gets him to the right weight.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

Really shows how far off the recruiting services can be on some kids at this stage of the process. There's so many big strong kids in high school across the Southeast. You can bet he is of high value in our coaches evaluation.

RTR

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Really shows how far off the recruiting services can be on some kids at this stage of the process. There's so many big strong kids in high school across the Southeast. You can bet he is of high value in our coaches evaluation.

RTR
Most of the kids already on the radar of the recruiting services have been to numerous camps. These "diamonds in the rough" come to a camp or two the summer before their senior year without all the publicity of the guys who started going to camp before 10th grade.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.