"Beat Bama" posted in Auburn meeting room

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We had the "Never Forget" signs in 2011. Coach Saban made the comment about working 365 days a year to beat an opponent in the state.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Whoa there boys..Take baby steps & be more realistic..The Barners should have put.."Beat Vandy"..And they'll be lucky if they do beat Vandy..

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I think that was more about finishing games. Of course it was great motivation come time for the iron bowl, but that was a lot more about motivating the players to finish games no matter the score. Plus, those were printed off on printer paper and are now nowhere to be seen (as far as I know) while this looks more permanent.

We had the "Never Forget" signs in 2011. Coach Saban made the comment about working 365 days a year to beat an opponent in the state.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Whoa there boys..Take baby steps & be more realistic..The Barners should have put.."Beat Vandy"..And they'll be lucky if they do beat Vandy..
This is why I take pride in seeing the slogan "Beat Bama" so often. I never see t-shirts or signs that say "Beat Vandy", "Beat Kentucky" or even "Beat UGA."

שלומ

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The scrappy underdog always focuses his esteem based on who the baddest man on the block is. And as Michael Hayes used to say, "We lived on the toughest street in town, every house you went by the tougher it got - and we lived in the last house on the block."

They don't even have a cow no more to trade for magic beans.

Dakotatider

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
They need "Beat someone!" or "Win games" first!!! Beat Bama sounds to me like they will be looking toward that and not looking to the big picture

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
They say, "Beat Bama." We say, "SEC." We say, "BCS." We say, "National Championshp."

When we said, "Never again," in 2011, it was about never again being satisfied. While the last event was more painful because it was the Barn, "Never Again" was about a broader issue -- the underachievement of the 2010 season. We had the material to win the BCSNCG. But we didn't because we got complacent. Injuries and an unconscious Stephen Garcia played in, but if we had played to our capabilities, none of that would have mattered.

Tough to construe "Beat Bama" any broader than it is...which isn't very broad.

As long as they measure their success by beating us, they will forever consign themselves to second-tier status. When their fanbase truly embraces winning championships, as opposed to beating us, they will have made the transition. I don't expect to see that in my lifetime. In fact, I don't expect anyone alive today, even if they were born today, to see that transition.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They have always measured themselves against us. When the first Iron Bowl was played in Barnville, I saw a tearful David Housel being interviewed saying (at least I think he said this, he's hard to understand) "We're equal".

No, David, you are not. While I do view them as our biggest rival, I go into each season hoping for a national championship, not a state title. Although I confess I do own a shirt that says BEAT A****N (Without the asterisks).

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
API has got a lot of problems bigger than beating Bama but that's just their culture.

I got no problem with it, but it's one thing to paint a sign & another thing to do it.

Silly Barners you just need to get those check books out & your lawyers on stand by, that the only way they know how to win.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.