Link: In Terms of Starts, Alabama's OL is 106th Most Experienced OL in Nation

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Warmack-Jones-Fluker helped us by growing up on the field in 2010 and turning into an elite unit by 2011 through 2012...but they also blessed Saban with a lot of talent behind them who have had the ideal amount of learning and growth before even hitting the field. It's a good situation to be in when you get 3-4 years from a core group to be replaced by a another 2-3 year core group.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Where were they in 2009?
Good question. From what I can remember:

James Carpenter at LT was a junior college transfer, so he had plenty of experience.
Drew Davis at RT was a sixth year senior (grayshirt). I cannot recall how many starts he had, but it couldn't have been many, he was a late bloomer.
Mike Johnson at LG was a senior who had plenty of experience.
Barrett Jones at RG was a redshirt freshman with no experience.
William Vlachos was a sophomore with very little experience.

There may not have been a lot of big time starts among that group, but there was a lot of leadership (D. Davis, M. Johnson). I certainly believe we'll be more than fine this year too because of all the talent.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Good question. From what I can remember:

James Carpenter at LT was a junior college transfer, so he had plenty of experience.
Drew Davis at RT was a sixth year senior (grayshirt). I cannot recall how many starts he had, but it couldn't have been many, he was a late bloomer.
Mike Johnson at LG was a senior who had plenty of experience.
Barrett Jones at RG was a redshirt freshman with no experience.
William Vlachos was a sophomore with very little experience.

There may not have been a lot of big time starts among that group, but there was a lot of leadership (D. Davis, M. Johnson). I certainly believe we'll be more than fine this year too because of all the talent.
Drew Davis started the entire 2008 season.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
When compared to last years (once in a generation) o line there is cause for concern. While this years line will be ok, maybe even real good, it will not be as good as last year. Sorry, but I think that the o-line we had last year will be a group to tell our grandkids about. Much like "replacing" Julio Jones, you just have to hope that we have players step up and play to their potential, but we may never see a line as good as what took the field last year. Not just at Alabama, but in all of college football.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.