Mum is the word on the BARNERS New Coach

Elliott Avent has to be their first choice. Dunn would be the lazy, cop-out hire (something we are quite familiar with). Butch Thompson will probably be interviewed as well.

Dan McDonnell would be a great hire, but he already rejected the Barn before they hired Pawlowski.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Elliott Avent has to be their first choice. Dunn would be the lazy, cop-out hire (something we are quite familiar with). Butch Thompson will probably be interviewed as well.

Dan McDonnell would be a great hire, but he already rejected the Barn before they hired Pawlowski.
I honestly think it will be Dunn this time. Avent I just don't see leaving Raleigh for the barn, he has been in the Carolina/Virginia area since the 80's.

If Dunn wants it I think he could be the only name to want the job (if you want to say that, he thinks his name is higher up than it really is). Dunn has one of the worst egos known to man.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I honestly think it will be Dunn this time. Avent I just don't see leaving Raleigh for the barn, he has been in the Carolina/Virginia area since the 80's.

If Dunn wants it I think he could be the only name to want the job (if you want to say that, he thinks his name is higher up than it really is). Dunn has one of the worst egos known to man.
Do you think dunn is riding on his daddy's reputation more than his own?

if it was Dunn, wouldn't he have already been announced by now?
Exactly. He's obviously not their first choice, nor should he be. If he gets the job, it's because several others turned it down. Dunn is coming off a poor 27-30 season, and how often do you see major conference programs hire a guy whose last season as a head coach was a losing one? Oh wait...Mitch Gaspard and Tom Slater.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Do you think dunn is riding on his daddy's reputation more than his own?
I played for Sammy and know Casey. He learned a lot from his dad and he is a fine coach. Take a look at the Samford program before Casey arrived. He has won at a place you typically don't win and he had 7 draft picks off last year' team and had a 1st round pick on this years team. Put Casey in a SEC program and he will produce. TBH, I was hoping we would consider him for Bama. Casey signed with Auburn since Bama did not offer him but the Dunn family is a Bama family.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Galloway would be a HUGE hire for them. Dude knows how to bring some talent in, including the #3 pick from this years draft. I kind of hope they do get him and he elevates them and embarrasses our top brass so they realize how they have neglected baseball over the past few years and hopefully wake us up!!!!

#FireCMG

Zona

1st Team
Feb 22, 2008
Mobile
So, with this hire and the hire by Georgia, Mitch Gaspard is pushed further down the rankings of SEC coaches. Probably 12 or 13 at this point.

So, with this hire and the hire by Georgia, Mitch Gaspard is pushed further down the rankings of SEC coaches. Probably 12 or 13 at this point.
Who would rank lower? I'm guessing Gary Henderson and Tim Jamieson...but that's about it.

Auburn did the right thing - they conducted a thorough, nationwide search for the best available candidate and hired him. Would have been nice if we'd bothered to put forth the least bit of effort and do the same back in '09 instead of opting for the lazy route and settling for mediocrity.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.