Danny Sheridan Releases Heisman and BCS Odds

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Story

The national sports analyst rates Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller right behind at 7:1. Alabama running back T.J. Yeldon and Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray are next at 8:1. Others in Sheridan's top 10 from the SEC are South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (12:1) and Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron (15:1).
Yeldon is a more legitimate candidate, Sheridan said. As a freshman last season, ran for 1,108 yards (6.3 yards per carry) and 12 touchdowns and caught 11 passes for 131 yards and one touchdown.

"Yeldon is the best running back," Sheridan said. "I was told that Yeldon as a freshman was going to be better than (Trent) Richardson or (Mark Ingram). After watching him as a freshman, I agree 100 percent. This guy's going to get 1,500 to 2,000 yards. It just depends on what (Alabama coach Nick) Saban wants to do."
Alabama is Sheridan's 1:2 favorite to repeat as the SEC champion and a 3:1 favorite to three-peat as the national champ.

"Granted, the defense isn't going to be as strong, but the offense should more than carry the load," Sheridan said. "I don't see how anybody can stop Alabama's offense. It will be a plodding offense. I'm not talking about lightning, like Oregon. You can slow them down, but they're going to score, and they can slow you down more than you can slow them down.

"You're not going to jump on them 20-0. That was a fluke."

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
A fluke could happen. But this year it would be more like 1989 Ole Miss rather than 2012 ATM. Down 0-21 with 8 minutes left in the FIRST quarter. Halftime score? 48-21 Bama! Final. 62-27 Bama!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The aTm "fluke" was a combination of the previous week's game after affects, Johnny Futbol and us being the #1 team in the nation. It wasn't a fluke more than it was a well prepared aTm team and an emotionally and physically drained Bama team.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I hope that the offense is as unstoppable as he thinks it will be. Similar things were said about the 2010 team iirc.
Not really. This team nor the schedule are anything like 2010. 2010 was a bridge year after the 2009 season. The odds of them going undefeated again were slim to none.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I do think that with the unproven depth behind TJ he could have a very big year.

He's got all the tools to be a three down back and the build to carry the ball 20-25 times a game, every game.

1500 yds and 20 TDs this season is conceivable IMO.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I do think that with the unproven depth behind TJ he could have a very big year.

He's got all the tools to be a three down back and the build to carry the ball 20-25 times a game, every game.

1500 yds and 20 TDs this season is conceivable IMO.
Kenyan Drake has more experience than Eddie did when he was Trent's #2 in 2011.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The aTm "fluke" was a combination of the previous week's game after affects, Johnny Futbol and us being the #1 team in the nation. It wasn't a fluke more than it was a well prepared aTm team and an emotionally and physically drained Bama team.
Exactly..As good & as talented as we are at Bama..At the end of the day..They're still human beings..That emotional win against LSU set us up to lose..It was a classic "Trap Game..

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Which isn't saying a whole lot. That #2 spot behind TJ is wide open...compared to the last three years it's unproven. Thus, I can envision #4 getting a lion's share of the carries.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
That's actually not true. Lacy had more carries in 2010 than Drake did last year. Lacy also had more yards, ypc, and tds. Also Lacy was going into his third year while Drake is going into his second.

Which isn't saying a whole lot. That #2 spot behind TJ is wide open...compared to the last three years it's unproven. Thus, I can envision #4 getting a lion's share of the carries.
He will, you're right about that unless someone gives that "Trent in the fourth quarter of Virginia Tech push." I remember it was Mark Ingram or bust until that happened, that and a splash of Roy Upchurch. I think we'll see more of a running back by committee this season. Yeldon though will lead the pack. This offense as a whole will break records.

Our depth last year was questionable. Eddie was hurt, Nudie was a fullback essentially trying to play tailback(yes I actually heard someone say that), Dee Hart was just a little guy and then Yeldon was a freshman. Fast forward through all the injuries and Bama arguably had the best backs in America. IMO they did. I'm not worried about the experience anymore, I stand by the process.

Last edited:

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
He will, you're right about that unless someone gives that "Trent in the fourth quarter of Virginia Tech push." I remember it was Mark Ingram or bust until that happened, that and a splash of Roy Upchurch. I think we'll see more of a running back by committee this season. Yeldon though will lead the pack. This offense as a whole will break records.

Our depth last year was questionable. Eddie was hurt, Nudie was a fullback essentially trying to play tailback(yes I actually heard someone say that), Dee Hart was just a little guy and then Yeldon was a freshman. Fast forward through all the injuries and Bama arguably had the best backs in America. IMO they did. I'm not worried about the experience anymore, I stand by the process.
Speaking of running backs, what about Jalston Fowler? Any word on him as of late?

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I don't see TJ getting a huge number of carries, too much talent behind him. There's Drake, who a lot of teams would love to have, Jalston, a guy who can do a lot of things at a lot of positions and the herd of very talented freshmen coming in. We can't RS all four.

I just can't see anyone getting enough carries to be a serious Hypesman threat.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I thought I remember reading that he was switched to a defensive position. I may have been imagining it though, so don't hold me to it. :)
He's been on offense as long as I can remember and will likely never play defense. He may have gotten a look at linebacker his freshman year but that was an experiment.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
As for Yeldon getting all the carries, there's no way that will happen. Drake is so underrated by our fans. He's going to make a big impact this year. Fowler will get some carries as will Henry and one or two of the other true freshmen. If Henry is 100% healthy from his injury he will get carries from day 1.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.