Aaron Suttles tweeting about stadium

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Saying that if plans stay the same, we'll at least have an upper-tier facility. Didn't see any other info that would prompt such a tweet. Did I miss something?

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

FWIW, I was tweeting back and forth with Travis Reier recently about the facilities. Mentioned that Coach Murphy had to do a lot of fundraising in order to get a new place for softball. Then I tweeted this, and I found it interesting who 'favorited' it.....

Point being, maybe CBB isn't as short-sighted or one-track minded, and we'll see something sooner rather than later. And something substantial; not just a bucket of paint and a picnic table, like the last renovation.

Last edited:

Zona

1st Team
Feb 22, 2008
Mobile
exactly. RIP Mal, but his legacy is that he got lucky in getting Saban and he raised millions of dollars for FOOTBALL.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
In all fairness, football is the bread winner at BAMA. That having been said, there is no reason why we can't put good teams on the field and have better facilities for some other sports as well. The detractors will say "well start winning and people will buy tickets, etc". I say that you're not gonna win much if you don't have nice facilities and find a way to get around only being able to offer half schollarships. Don't say it can't be done because other schools do.

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
I've got no problem with the football team getting whatever it wants. It's just a bit disheartening as a baseball fan to see us playing in one of the biggest dumps in the SEC. The gap continues to widen.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I've got no problem with the football team getting whatever it wants. It's just a bit disheartening as a baseball fan to see us playing in one of the biggest dumps in the SEC. The gap continues to widen.
Yep I have no problem with it either, they make the money and should be able to spend it as well.

There should be NOTHING in Tuscaloosa associated with the UofA that is called a dump. We can faithfully say that about The Joe. Sad.

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
As someone who attended several Roger Smith baseball camps in the 80's and saw the new stadium being built- and attended some great Bama series' against Albert Belle and the LSU Tigers, I hope Coach Battle puts the $$ into it and makes it at least a top 5 SEC facility. I'm no architect but tearing it down and starting from scratch seems to be the best bet. The new outfield seating is a good start, but I hope this does not drag out for 5 more years.

chittlins

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2007
Arkansas started construction of it's new Indoor Baseball Practice facility, It'll share a weight room with track, have an indoor infield and new battling cages. After that, bleachers and suites in right field. Arkansas will likely bring the fences in while adding seating as somewhat of a way to address the loss of hrs due to the bats if the NCAA doesn't switch to the pro ball. They made a huge mistake building the new CWS stadium so darn big.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.