Link: Aggie's AD cracks joke about "controlling the Tide".

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I remember Barn fans making this joke, but it at least made sense because they had won several in row from us at the time.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Thats the best thing that could have happened...
If the team needed any additional motivation for TAMU, ...well, there it is. :)

who doesnt think that will be blown up to poster size and plastered all over the football complex?
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mr. Hymen!

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
All in good fun. It's the biggest win for them in probably the last 20 years, and let's face it - it's a really big deal to beat the #1 team on their home field. I got no problem with cracks like this. We're still the National Champs!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
All in good fun. It's the biggest win for them in probably the last 20 years, and let's face it - it's a really big deal to beat the #1 team on their home field. I got no problem with cracks like this. We're still the National Champs!
Try in the history of their program.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Thats the best thing that could have happened...
If the team needed any additional motivation for TAMU, ...well, there it is. :)

who doesnt think that will be blown up to poster size and plastered all over the football complex?
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mr. Hymen!
LOL! I see what you did there. I would agree that it was extra motivation, but Saban was already working overtime on A&M. We spent part of spring practice on them...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
LOL! I see what you did there. I would agree that it was extra motivation, but Saban was already working overtime on A&M. We spent part of spring practice on them...

Couldnt resist a little jab at him...;)

I didnt have ANY doubt that Saban and staff have been gameplanning for September 14th all off season...

And I also dont have any problem with what he said, and I actually thought it was quite clever and kinda funny...
after all, they did knock off the defending national champions, and they were the only team that was able to do it...

...Also, its not often that an AD gives you the perfect lockerroom material...that will be like liquid gold for team motivation.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I hope more quotes like this keep coming from their side. As if our team needs more motivation. This kind of stuff helps our team if anything.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
It doesn't really bother me other than it being a recycled joke started by Auburn fans many moons ago. That and the Aggie AD showing how unprofessional and insecure he is. I would be livid if Bill Battle was to say something similar.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
My only issue was that this came from the AD. Last year in Tuscaloosa before the A&M game we honored the "Junction Boys" who are former A&M players and Alumni. Granted the connection to Coach Bryant is evident but they were invited into our house and I think we were very gracious host. Forget the outcome of the game, but this is how we are treated amongst their family? Granted, I will not lose any sleep over it, I do not think it will be extra motivation for our team, and I am not going to use a word like classless. But, when you are invited into someone's house, I do not think you turn around and talk smack about the people when you are in his position. You may think it, you may believe it, but you do not say it publicly....

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
and imo, that is what separates us from everyone else. while AnM is reliving their glory and Jawjuh is talking about being "this" close to glory, we're focused on getting ready for next season

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.