Link: Aggie's AD cracks joke about "controlling the Tide".

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Much ado about nothing IMO, just typical booster fund raising talk that goes on most everywhere. The Head Coach even responded to the AD's comment by saying, "No pressure, Eric. Thank you,".

What the moron of a President at OSU said was worthy of outrage, this is just harmless offseason fun.
I don't see any type of outrage on this board. Just people saying that it was stupid on his part and that we hope to make him eat his words in 3 months....

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Doesn't bother me as a Bama fan, but it sure would if I were an Aggie fan. It makes A&M look like the little kid jumping around saying "Look at me, look at me, see what I did." Programs that have tradition don't act like that. As Coach Bryant said...."Act like you've been there before."
I agree. Hopefully, this is just another "Bulletin Board" item to add incentive to Bama bursting that Aggie bubble. Do I need to buy one and send it to Bama?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If they truly controlled the Tide..We wouldn't have won the NC..They would have..All they did was catch us at the absolute perfect time..They won't be so lucky the next go around..

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Well we'll see in a few months if they got what it takes to beat us again and notice I didn't say control.It takes more than 2-3 games make a statement like that,if Aj stays healthy we should throw more but its like the old saying candy and nuts.

mhiggy45

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2010
daytona bch
guys and gals......I can't wait for september...it's so good being a bama fan these days. Seems I am saying this every year around this time of yr. I am loving it !!!!:wink:

RAB83

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 13, 2012
FWIW, the sentiment of the A&M fan base is against this shirt and the AD's comment (at least, against some moron from the athletic department tweeting it).

From the You have to be kidding.... thread at TexAgs:

Stuff like this makes everyone want to see us get beat.
They would make a shirt after a 30 year old auburn saying.
AO should think before printing
stupid shirt. but ao makes a pretty good living selling a lot of dumb **** to dumb people.
It makes Aggies like me, who go to all the home and away games, want us to get beat to shut up these wannabe redass aggie smacktalkers. Seriously AO we beat them once
This is terrible--we beat them once and we already acting like we own them......
I was surprised that the AD said that. What in the world was he thinking? Oh, wait, he wasn't. Not that after last year's loss'Bama needs a lot of inspiration to come to Kyle Field and play, so why provide any bulletin board material? It's nuts! As for the t-shirts, the answer is leave them on the shelf at the store.
Aggie Land Outfitters is just a leach that lives off the very dumbest members of our fan base.
I've always hated shirts making fun of other teams...wear something to support your team not care about others
The stupidity of the situation aside, why does any of this bother you? You got the crystal football last year and two more in the three years before that. It's just off-season smack talk, even if the AD said it to warm-up some boosters.

I remember seeing a few Alabama fans wearing "You're out of your league" shirts directed at A&M. I remember thinking, "Ouch" when I saw them. Fortunately for us, we played out of our minds.

You do it. We do it. It's part of what makes college football fun, IMO. Personally, I'd rather poke LSU than Bama (it's also marginally safer).

Last edited:
FWIW, the sentiment of the A&M fan base is against this shirt and the AD's comment (at least, against some moron from the athletic department tweeting it).

From the You have to be kidding.... thread at TexAgs:

The stupidity of the situation aside, why does any of this bother you? You got the crystal football last year and two more in the three years before that. It's just off-season smack talk, even if the AD said it to warm-up some boosters.

I remember seeing a few Alabama fans wearing "You're out of your league" shirts directed at A&M. I remember thinking, "Ouch" when I saw them. Fortunately for us, we played out of our minds.

You do it. We do it. It's part of what makes college football fun, IMO. Personally, I'd rather poke LSU than Bama (it's also marginally safer).
For the same reason if UTEP came in and beat y'all and said the same about control and made t-shirts. It's dumb.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
...The stupidity of the situation aside, why does any of this bother you?...You do it. We do it. It's part of what makes college football fun, IMO. Personally, I'd rather poke LSU than Bama (it's also marginally safer).
Well, no, we don't. At least, our AD, President, HC, and major assistants don't.

If it had been a random sidewalk Aggie alumnus, it wouldn't have gotten any attention at all. But it was your AD, a highly compensated and public face of your program who was cracking wise in a public forum.

When you hear Bill Battle, Judy Bonner, Nick Saban, Kirby Smart or Doug Nussmeier talking like this, light me up on this board.

Until then, acknowledge that the Aggie administration needs some lessons in handling short term success.

RAB83

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 13, 2012
Until then, acknowledge that the Aggie administration needs some lessons in handling short term success.
No argument. Just remember, that we hired our AD from USC where he studied the Steve Spurrier approach to diplomacy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.