*** QB David Cornwell Commits to Alabama ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
True, but can anybody recall an EE coming in to rehab. It may be a first.
Can't recall one. Issue here is David has worked hard to put himself in the position to graduate early. I doubt he could do much in school next semester other than take electives. Bozeman, Philon and Taylor had not planned to enroll early, so they had not take the necessary steps to graduate in December.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This is a complicated situation. Many of us hoped that as an EE, David could come in and compete for the starting job. However, prior to the injury I think there were signs that developmentally (like virtually any QB his age), he wasn't going to be ready to start as a true freshman.

Also, there are signs that Alabama's top QB from the previous class (Bateman) isn't going to be ready to vie for the starting job either. This complicates things, as Alabama would hope to have one of their elite QB prospects in a position to compete for playing time.

But, what does Alabama gain by greyshirting Cornwell? They insure that no QB from this class will be available the following season? They put Ricky Town in a class with another QB?

I have to assume that Alabama will give Cornwell a scholarship, as planned (EE, no greyshirt), and if anything they might look at JC guys, or you could see someone like Coker transfer in. But, I just don't see an advantage to messing with Cornwell's offer, he's got too much potential, and Ricky has too much potential, to really mess with the situation too much.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
RTR,

As best we can tell, Bozeman, Philon and Taylor weren't given that option. They were basically told to rehab on their own and come aboard when they were healthy enough to take part. If Cornwell's injury is similar to theirs, it will be interesting to see if he will be treated differently.
That's not entirely accurate.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
News this morning is that he went to multiple doctors for multiple opinions and that he has not torn anything and will be able to start spring practice at Alabama. Will miss rest of this season, however.

No disclosure on what happened, but I suspect a sprained/strained MCL or something along those lines.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Excellent news.

News this morning is that he went to multiple doctors for multiple opinions and that he has not torn anything and will be able to start spring practice at Alabama. Will miss rest of this season, however.

No disclosure on what happened, but I suspect a sprained/strained MCL or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.