*** QB David Cornwell Commits to Alabama ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
His throwing mechanics are a little off but that has a large part to taking off a year to take care of mom and growing the size he has can affect your throwing motion. These are things that can be fixed and will be fixed by the time he gets to UA or during practice which will increase his accuracy tenfold. Like Trobinson said, don't read into Elite 11 as much as did the QB learn from it and Dilfer spoke highly about DC's ability to learn and his ability to accept coaching. Very excited about him

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Eh, we didn't do to well with Elite 11 QBs Star Jackson and Phillip Sims. Ely and Del Rio (the walk on) were finalists as well. AJ has done okay though.:cool2: Just saying that to say this: Try not to read too much in stuff like this either way.

Edit: Not referring specifically to you Eyeshade but to anyone in general who might be feeling some type of way about Cornwell not making the finals. -

Not to worry, tRob, but appreciate the note. All the hype about any high school quarterback is the purest form of conjecture until he lines up behind center and sees 11 bigger, stronger and faster players laughing at him.

Even CNS whiffs a good deal of the time on QB prospects. Fans can get lathered up over the next big thing behind center, and David certainly seems to have great potential. But history should have taught us by now how hard it is to find someone as good as AJ or GMac.

Last edited:

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
That Elite 11 competition is for recruiting junkies entertainment and ESPN. Doesn't mean a thing about who is going to win a national championship. Of the last 7 National championships (all SEC teams), only maybe Cam Newton at qb has done much in the pro's that I can recall. Of course AJ has yet to get there, but coaching is the reason the SEC or any team wins championships in college. Regardless its always nice to get a 5 star QB which Cornwell is. Those competitions like that and the SPARQ competition don't tell the whole story by far! As you all know! ;)

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
Cornwell looked good in the 7 on 7. Interesting to note that the 5'11 QB looked better. At 6'5 240, I'll take Cornwell when the pads are on and they are behind 6'3 lineman.

If NFL teams were drafting prospects like baseball, Cornwell would be in the hunt for a top 5 pick. He just looks the part. Needs 3 years of seasoning. Starting QB for 2017.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
On the flip side, LSWho with a serious QB would be concerning...
theyve recruited a half dozen in as many years, and have failed to develop them correctly. And with Cameron there I feel it'll be more of the same from them. to be fair I thinks its as much miles as it is his oc's and qb coaches.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
theyve recruited a half dozen in as many years, and have failed to develop them correctly. And with Cameron there I feel it'll be more of the same from them. to be fair I thinks its as much miles as it is his oc's and qb coaches.
Well there is only one common denominator for all of their QB's under Miles, and that would be Miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.