Link: Looks Like "Johnny Football" Isn't Happy In College Station

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Sounds like The Aggie's AD needs to quit worrying about "Controlling The Tide" & worry about his own football program..Apparently "Johnny Football" is ready to get out of "College Station" according to recent Tweets..I don't wanna see any kid fail(even our rivals)..I think he's got to big for his britches..Got to famous to quickly you could say..He's not handling his fame too good..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Guess being Juan Fotbol is tougher than he imagined, or wanted to deal with. I can see the Ag crazies driving him nuts. Add to that his inability to maintain a low profile.

All of which works in our favor.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Guess being Juan Fotbol is tougher than he imagined, or wanted to deal with. I can see the Ag crazies driving him nuts. Add to that his inability to maintain a low profile.

All of which works in our favor.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Could this be a different version of Gunner Kiel? I wonder what the odds are of an implosion with JFB? These continued antics could prove to be substantial 'clutter' in his continuing CFB endeavors at ATM. I can't wait for the next episode in this soap opera. Almost as much as I can't wait for August 31st. Roll Tide!

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
The problem with the whole "walk a mile in my shoes" nonsense is that Manziel is a grown man who is making his own decisions here. He could keep a low profile, but he doesn't. It's not that I don't feel sympathy for him - I do, in many respects - but I'm not interested in this petulant, whiny attitude about how the rest of the world doesn't understand him when he has put himself in this position over and over again.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
The problem with the whole "walk a mile in my shoes" nonsense is that Manziel is a grown man who is making his own decisions here. He could keep a low profile, but he doesn't. It's not that I don't feel sympathy for him - I do, in many respects - but I'm not interested in this petulant, whiny attitude about how the rest of the world doesn't understand him when he has put himself in this position over and over again.
This. You can choose how much limelight you want to certain extent. Up til this point, he has wanted a fully powered spotlight. If he couldn't stand the light, he should have stood in the background. Let his actions, work ethic, etc. speak for themselves.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Big schools like Texas A&M should have a system in place for players that reach that elite status..Too help them cope with the sudden fame they've played into..Cause at the end of the day..He's still really young & has no idea how to handle the situation correctly..That's where the school needs to step in & help guide him through all this..I'm pretty sure Coach Saban has such a program at Bama..It doesn't look like Texas A&M does or if they do..Its not very effective..

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Maybe, just Maybe he sees into the future & knows Alabama is going to EXPOSE him as the phony he is. We helped create this monster now it's time to take him down.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
...whenever it may be
Meh, I don't read much into it because of the tail-end of that quote. But I agree he's embraced the spotlight at every opportunity and put himself in that position. Can't change it now.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Looking at a DMN article about his off season, make you wonder in aTm's compliance department every gets a break. I know his parents are loaded but, some of his trips IMO would take more than $$. Meeting NBA stars in the locker room for one.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...ild-off-season.ece?ssimg=1054655#ssTop1055764

I know several major Aggie boosters & former players who say it is a challenge to keep him eligible as they are twisting every rule as it is now... They know he is gone after this season and are going 'all in' like AU did in 2010. It is worth it to win....

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Most of us fans are past college age. And don't tend to remember how fragile our psyche was at 19-21. Some of Us may have drowned that in booze while others of us have covered it in the stench of reefer. Johnny's right, though. As players, they're paraded in front of cameras for our entertainment (not saying that it's not what they signed up for, but still...). And in college towns, especially like here in Tuscaloosa with knowledgable fan bases, these kids get little or no chance at privacy. And we all know how some fans (every fan base has them) feel like since they pay for a ticket or pay their cable bills to watch the games, that it somehow gives them the right to talk to the players any way they see fit. That can get old fast. I used to hang with players and see it all the time (particularly because we weren't consistently good at the time). And on top of the pressure of performing, a couple of the guys were dealing with some real life situations (suicidal mother, dying father, younger siblings stuck in a physically/emotionally abusive home, disabled mother being evicted, etc.).

So I can dig what Johnny's saying. I think the fake outrage, though, has everything to do with the fact that it's June and there's no football to talk about. And by the way, I went near campus the other day and had this exact thought: "When I was here, I couldn't wait to leave. Now whenever I come near it, I miss it like crazy."

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.