Link: Looks Like "Johnny Football" Isn't Happy In College Station

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I needed a good laugh tonight..A friend of mine on Facebook posted this about "Johnny Football"..She posted that Manziel reminded her of the kid that played the banjo in the movie "Deliverance"..When ya think about it..He really does.."Johnny Banjo"..LOL

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Manziel is a ticking time bomb, and if he isn't controlled he will go off.
Aggie needs to lock him in his room with a computer so he can do his off campus schoolwork with maybe a daily conjugal visit from his girlfriend. The only time he needs to get let out is to go to football practice.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The new has worn off the celebrity status and he's reacting like I've witnessed A LOT of ADULT celebrities react. They want the attention when THEY WANT IT and outside of that they want to be left alone. When they aren't left alone they play the victim while still living a life of royalty and excess. Tough to feel sorry for people like that.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The new has worn off the celebrity status and he's reacting like I've witnessed A LOT of ADULT celebrities react. They want the attention when THEY WANT IT and outside of that they want to be left alone. When they aren't left alone they play the victim while still living a life of royalty and excess. Tough to feel sorry for people like that.
Yep, he's played the celebrity role to the hilt. I can't think of any other recent Heisman winner who's gone so far out his way to attract max attention, sort of like a latter-day pint-sized version of Paul Hornung...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Most places I've posted on are kinda starting to lean towards the "Bama will blast the aggies" now because they think Manziel has mentally checked out.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Manziel's mistake here is that he chose a public forum to blow off some steam. He needs to do that with friends, not twitter.
I'll go one step further. Manziel's problem (as with a lot of young people) is he lives his life via social media. Not only does he start the fire but he is also the one that adds the wood and the gasoline to it. Again, hard to feel sorry for someone like that. Kid or not.

Last edited:

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Manziel has become a "public figure", and that cuts both ways. Everything he says publicly is news, and can be blown out of proportion because it makes a good story. This particular outburst does seem a bit of a self-inflicted wound and conforms to what appears to be a pattern of slightly whacky behavior, but it is more likely to be a young person who has not yet learned to keep his mouth shut when he has not properly framed the idea he was trying to say.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.