*** WR Derek Kief commits to Alabama ***

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: WR Derek Kief Announcing Decision Today at 4:30

It was a lot better than a press conference where he does the fake out with other team's hats.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: ***WR Derek Kief commits to Bama***

Great pickup. Nice to see a strong family base. Keep up with those remarks Ohio State, show that Yankee class.

Who does this guy compare to? Julio? AJ Green? He has the size, but where does he fit best?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

That's a tall young man. If he adds another 10-15 lbs he'll be handful for any DB.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Great pickup. Nice to see a strong family base. Keep up with those remarks Ohio State, show that Yankee class.

Who does this guy compare to? Julio? AJ Green? He has the size, but where does he fit best?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
6'5", fast, and lean sounds like Green. If he has the hops and the hands he'll be a beast. 25lbs of SEC muscle will do wonders too. Great video and a great pick up.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Just a hunch... With OJ Howard and Derek on the field at the same time, jump balls won't be difficult for Alabama.

Crimson_Knight

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2006

That was AWESOME!!! I was not expecting that at all. Makes me proud to be from Alabama.

Roll Tide Roll brothers and sisters.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Congrats to Derek for committing to the Tide. Just as well this is AJ's last season as it looks like Derek likes the No. 10. 6'5" and 200 lb -- is this Julio Part Deux?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Congrats to Derek for committing to the Tide. Just as well this is AJ's last season as it looks like Derek likes the No. 10. 6'5" and 200 lb -- is this Julio Part Deux?
No offense to DK, but Julio is a guy that doesn't come around too often. The biggest difference between the 2 is that JJ was able to go get the ball at a much higher point; DK has the ability and size to do it, but from the clips I've watched, he often lets the ball drop into him rather than plucking it down. DK is a very good player; he plays against some quality opposition and should be very good once he gets into our S&C and gets adjusted to the SEC, but I don't expect him to dominate right off the bat like JJ or Amari.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

6'5", fast, and lean sounds like Green. If he has the hops and the hands he'll be a beast. 25lbs of SEC muscle will do wonders too. Great video and a great pick up.
Yep; if he maintains his speed with 20+ lbs, he is going to be a beast. OH has good football and he makes decent players look mighty small and slow. He's not AJ or JJ right off the bat, but he could be a Larry Fitzgerald type once he hits the weights; although I will say that he has some very nice blocks in his HS tape.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN

I assume that he is a kid that Coach Saban saw in camp and thinks higher of than the rating services. I am not complaining, just curious as to whether he was a Bama target all along. I do know that if Coach Saban wants you, you are good.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I assume that he is a kid that Coach Saban saw in camp and thinks higher of than the rating services. I am not complaining, just curious as to whether he was a Bama target all along. I do know that if Coach Saban wants you, you are good.
He's rated a 4* by Rivals and 247. What do you mean?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

He's rated a 4* by Rivals and 247. What do you mean?
I think he means there's a lot of 4* and DK isn't in the Rivals 250 (to my knowledge) so he wasn't on many fans radars as far as publicity. DK might seem out of the blue since he's from OH and not our traditional area. Many thought Sims and Lane were our top realistic targets (we may still take both).

FWIW, the punter from CO and OL from CA were more out of the blue. Andrew Bone had been tweeting about Kief for a while and hinted (rather strongly) he expected DK to commit to us Sunday.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Yep; if he maintains his speed with 20+ lbs, he is going to be a beast. OH has good football and he makes decent players look mighty small and slow. He's not AJ or JJ right off the bat, but he could be a Larry Fitzgerald type once he hits the weights; although I will say that he has some very nice blocks in his HS tape.
His body type reminds me of the Evans kid at TA&M.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
All I know is that this kid has a fan in me. That video showed class and family. He'll fit in well here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.