*** WR Derek Kief commits to Alabama ***

Glenn_B

1st Team
May 31, 2010
Lost in Tennessee
Re: WR Derek Kief Announcing Decision Today at 4:30

Have we ever before had a recruit come in already sporting his own theme song and catch phrase? ROLL TIDE Derek! :BigA:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I love that shirt the guy standing next to him when he put the hat on was wearing.

Yes, the video was a little on the cheesy side and if he'd signed with the Barn and made the same video we'd all be vomiting. But I liked it and he did seem to have a strong family and friends support system behind him.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

With Ryan Kelly, Trey DePriest, and now Derek, it sure does look like we are starting to build a pipeline through Ohio. Great pickup!

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

What an amazing way to share the spotlight. Looks like you guys landed a great young man.

Elwood Crimson

1st Team
Jul 27, 2004

That was the coolest commitment I've seen from any recruit..That literally gave me chills..Well done Derek & welcome to the Crimson Tide Family..
Nicely done commitment video. You have to think that ticked-off Urban and OSU fans more than the jerk from Miami.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012

Great News!!! RTR!!! Kid did an amazing job delivering his commitment, very family oriented.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

From the commitment video you can tell he is a good kid with a good family around him. He seems like the kind of person who will be a great representative of the university so long as he doesn't have any major academic issues.

His highlight video was very impressive as well. He's got great size and athletic ability, but what most impressed me was his route running. He is very crisp and tight with his routes, which is pretty rare for someone his age.

Great pickup, and I will look forward to seeing him rock a crimson jersey for the next 4 years. Roll Tide!

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Probably the most retarded thing I have ever seen. Let's just say if that's his baby maybe it's good we didn't get him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedd ed&v=Onl4dNlaKdw#at=53

this is from the ohio state forum board classic
Sad to see kids mocked or jeered; unless they disrespect a school outright, let the kid have his fun. I don't mind the hat switch although I'm not the biggest fan of it; but this kid didnt even do that. The OSU guy isn't even aware that is his sister with the shirt.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

So very excited about this commitment!! Roll Tide!!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

With Ryan Kelly, Trey DePriest, and now Derek, it sure does look like we are starting to build a pipeline through Ohio. Great pickup!
That's what I call "Cherry Picking" at its finest..Urban is going to have another breakdown with a couple more commitments like that..

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I think it was really classy the way he committed. With his family and friends. Lots of support. It didn't seem to be all about him, which is what most kids want. Seems like a humble kid who has great skills. He high points the ball. Great foot control and presence. Not afraid to catch balls over the middle. Great concentration in intense game situations. Plus...speed kills.
Welcome aboard Derek. RTR!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.