Robert Foster cleared?!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I kinda figured this kid would have issues having transfered across a state to a new high school and being Auburn High School no less.

I'm not saying their administration has tried to screw him but I doubt they went through the mental acrobatics and creativity to produce a clearinghouse passing transcript like they would have if he stayed with the weagles.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I kinda figured this kid would have issues having transfered across a state to a new high school and being Auburn High School no less.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. That was Reuben Foster. He's on campus already working out and going to school. Robert Foster is the receiver from PA. He hasn't been cleared yet but rumor is he'll be ready to report sometime in July.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I'm not saying their administration has tried to screw him but I doubt they went through the mental acrobatics and creativity to produce a clearinghouse passing transcript like they would have if he stayed with the weagles.
This is about Robert Foster from PA, not about Reuben...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

No, Rueben is already in T-Town. Robert is the one not yet cleared.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Dang it Saban...adjust your big board so I don't get confused about commits with very similar names.

Admittedly, I had heard more about Reuben as a potential academic casualty than Robert. I thought he was a pretty solid likely to qualify...guess not.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Dang it Saban...adjust your big board so I don't get confused about commits with very similar names.

Admittedly, I had heard more about Reuben as a potential academic casualty than Robert. I thought he was a pretty solid likely to qualify...guess not.
I feel your pain. I amde a mistake once. :wink:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Hey, I like the problem of getting a highly rated signee confused with another highly rated signee. Better than the Shula problem of not know one from the other because half the class was filled with guys who were fringe FBS players!

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

He still has time to be cleared before the fall starts. Chill out.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I am chilled but also surprised...I thought he was a low-risk academic casualty when he comitted
It's just one little hangup with an online class that needs to be cleared by the NCAA. Hopefully he won't have to wait much longer. His other grades are fine.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Hey, I like the problem of getting a highly rated signee confused with another highly rated signee. Better than the Shula problem of not know one from the other because half the class was filled with guys who were fringe FBS players!
As I posted above, there have been concerns about Robert's academics all along. He's having some online courses being reviewed...

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
How prevalent has online classes become in high school? I know online-complemented and online-only classes are the future of many college courses, but I didn't realize it was a thing in high school now too.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
As I posted above, there have been academic concerns about Robert's academics all along. He's having some online courses being reviewed...
In the recruiting thread about it, you mentioned UA accepted the online credits but the NCAA wants to look at them first. That's a problem. If a school accepts the credits (to athletes and non-athletes), why should the NCAA care? If the NCAA wants to be so tough on academics, why not up the acceptance requirements to more than an 18 on the ACT or a 2.0 GPA.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
In the recruiting thread about it, you mentioned UA accepted the online credits but the NCAA wants to look at them first. That's a problem. If a school accepts the credits (to athletes and non-athletes), why should the NCAA care? If the NCAA wants to be so tough on academics, why not up the acceptance requirements to more than an 18 on the ACT or a 2.0 GPA.
Well, the Clearinghouse has always reserved the right to overrule the school and occasionally does so. Remember Alfy Hill a couple of years ago? And, rgw, they've become quite common...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Well, the Clearinghouse has always reserved the right to overrule the school and occasionally does so. Remember Alfy Hill a couple of years ago? And, rgw, they've become quite common...
Yet another in a looooong string of inconsistencies out of Indianapolis.

Remember when the NCAA allowed academic credit at Tennessee, literally for stacking chairs? Their obviously bogus stated reasoning was that a university's academic standards were outside its (the NCAA's) purview, even if they affected the athlete's academic eligibility.

But a school's acceptance or rejection of an online class for purposes of admission isn't? Please.

Yes, I know I should let the UT stuff go. No, I'm not going to.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.