*** Center JC Hassenauer Commits To Alabama ***

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: Hassenauer Commits To Alabama

RTR!! This makes 9 states in 13 commits. FWIW, he got very good reviews from the Rivals Camp in Chicago (regional one) and was OL MVP at it I believe. Looks like he'll be the understudy to Kelly and have 2 years behind him like Kelly had years to learn behind BJ and Vlachos.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Saban is on fire right now. I think this will be a solid pickup. He's flying under the radar right now, so there won't be much hype about his commitment. However, he has really good size for a center, and you can tell he's pretty versatile since he is both the center and long snapper at his school. I concur with the last poster. Give him a redshirt year, and a couple more years as Kelly's understudy, and he should be a solid starting center for his last few years on campus. Roll Tide!!

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I had seen where we had Casher, the center prospect from Mobile who is an AU commit, visit this past week-end. Hassenauer seems great, but I wonder if we took him because we couldn't get Casher to switch. Maybe Hassenauer was the top target all along. Does anyone know? Anyway...Roll Tide and welcome Hassenauer!! You have an opportunity of a lifetime!

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

I had seen where we had Casher, the center prospect from Mobile who is an AU commit, visit this past week-end. Hassenauer seems great, but I wonder if we took him because we couldn't get Casher to switch. Maybe Hassenauer was the top target all along. Does anyone know? Anyway...Roll Tide and welcome Hassenauer!! You have an opportunity of a lifetime!
Casher is likely still a take, if we can flip him. Hassenauer is a true center, but Casher could play any of the interior line spots. He's actually been an OT throughout high school, but is projected to be an interior player at the college level.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: ***Center JC Hassenauer Commits To Alabama***

JC has become the best center in the country thanks to the camp circuit.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Man, coach Saban has been busy in the last week. I guess he heard the people who were complaining about our "slow start".

I love how our brand continues to expand. At this point Saban is literally selecting kids from wherever he wants.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Thank God auburn no longer has those damn tree's to complain about when something good happens at Bama..With the great recruiting weekend at Bama..They would be all over the news right now if they were still there..LOL

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Congrats, JC!

Looks like the Saban Machine has finally penetrated the lone region that I cannot remember the last time we got a player out of, at least in the modern era--the Upper Midwest. This is Nebraska and Wisconsin recruiting turf. A lot of good linemen traditionally come out of this area of the country. Would really like to see us make some inroads here.

Last edited:

Man, coach Saban has been busy in the last week. I guess he heard the people who were complaining about our "slow start".

I love how our brand continues to expand. At this point Saban is literally selecting kids from wherever he wants.
I don't think he's done all that much. The brand is speaking for itself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.