Updated 2014 prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Marlon Humphrey is a really interesting mystery.

It's hard to imagine him not being in Crimson next year with CNS's tract record with dbs and, not to mention, his dad's legacy.

However, if a girl from FSU is involved I'm concerned!
Have to think about a few things in FSU's favor:

1) Hot team: While they haven't won championships, they've been trending upwards for the last few years under Jimbo.
2) Pruett: I'm not a Jeremy Pruett fan due to the way he left Alabama. However, he has a relationship with Marlon dating back a few years and possibly all the way back to his Hoover days (although, Marlon would have been in elementary school at that time).
3) The girlfriend: Is the relationship genuine? Who knows. I'm reading the book The System, and it addresses the use of Hostesses in recruiting. These girls pretend to be head over heels for players just to get them to sign. Is this case similar? I have no idea.

I feel Marlon ends up at Alabama, but I don't think FSU is that much of a long shot as many felt a few months ago.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Just offered(he will be an EE)
http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Malone-12988
Also, Marlon loves to troll fan bases. He likes FSU because of pruitt ,but he will play for bama. Also Hand tweeted RTR basically. Needless to say he is excited about coming.I'll be in the minority ,but I think this will be like Qb Towns and Hand will be in Crimson because of how Saban is and runs this program.

Last edited:
Just offered(he will be an EE)
http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Malone-12988
Also, Marlon loves to troll fan bases. He likes FSU because of pruitt ,but he will play for bama. Also Hand tweeted RTR basically. Needless to say he is excited about coming.I'll be in the minority ,but I think this will be like Qb Towns and Hand will be in Crimson because of how Saban is and runs this program.
I really hope you are right.

Sent from my iPhone

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I'm not going to disagree with you on Hand, Jam...

From what I've heard we've closed the gap on Michigan quite a bit... I still think it's a tough pull, but my optimism is much higher then it was a week or two ago...

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA
Is there any insight to the below guesstimate on the # of remaining slots. I've gotten lost the last couple of years with rules, backcounters, etc.

# allowed to sign is 25. (4 remaining)
Average number of late changes under Saban is around 2...I think? (2 changes)
Back counters???? Guessing (2 more)

So there could be up to 8 new faces to the existing committ list come NSD with a total of 27 signing LOIs? This is probably premature as we're in October but I'm curious and excited about this class (as usual).

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Is there any insight to the below guesstimate on the # of remaining slots. I've gotten lost the last couple of years with rules, backcounters, etc.

So there could be up to 8 new faces to the existing committ list come NSD with a total of 27 signing LOIs? This is probably premature as we're in October but I'm curious and excited about this class (as usual).
we've got 2-3 academic question marks amongst the current commits. will know more right after Christmas break.....

I'm guessing 5-7 more make it in one way or another....

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I don't think we can backcount any. I'm pretty sure we brought in our full 25. We can't have more than 25 sign an LOI.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
I don't think we can backcount any. I'm pretty sure we brought in our full 25. We can't have more than 25 sign an LOI.
Yes we brought in our full 25, but I believe that there could have been a backcounter or two in the 25. For example , I believe Brandon Hill was a backcounter.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Yes we brought in our full 25, but I believe that there could have been a backcounter or two in the 25. For example , I believe Brandon Hill was a backcounter.
We did have kids for the '13 class that backcounted to the '12 class. What I meant was we had the full 25 for the '13 class in addition to some players counting for '12, so we won't have any room for kids to back count into the '13 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.