Updated 2014 prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Flew on a couple flights to DC today with Tim Settle, the defensive end prospect out of Manassas. He was decked out in full Alabama gear with his camp id still hanging from his neck. He was talking to his coach (or whoever it was that was travelling with him) about how much he liked Bama.
Is he a 2014 or 2015?

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
How do we stand with Dalvin Cook ? I have a Gator colleague who hopes we leave Cook alone.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Pretty funny to see the AJC do their usual hatchet job on Bama regarding the commitment of Dyson Sims to UGA, OVER BAMA, of course.
While the AJC doesn't mind spewing half-truths about Alabama, Dylon Sims and Jacob Parker had some words to say about Alabama. Most of them probably planted by their Georgia recruiters. Sims had a misled understanding of how scholarships work at Alabama. Jacob Park was very clearly led to believe that Alabama couldn't develop him for the next level. Meanwhile, "QB guru" Mark Richt has all of one QB at the next level. In 13 years at UGa?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
While the AJC doesn't mind spewing half-truths about Alabama, Dylon Sims and Jacob Parker had some words to say about Alabama. Most of them probably planted by their Georgia recruiters. Sims had a misled understanding of how scholarships work at Alabama. Jacob Park was very clearly led to believe that Alabama couldn't develop him for the next level. Meanwhile, "QB guru" Mark Richt has all of one QB at the next level. In 13 years at UGa?
not to be demeaning or disrespectful, but with all the social media and abundant information out there in cybersapce, if these kids can't decipher truth from fiction than they are better off at jawja.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
not to be demeaning or disrespectful, but with all the social media and abundant information out there in cybersapce, if these kids can't decipher truth from fiction than they are better off at jawja.
Information might be abundant, but if they are hearing this kind of negative recruiting from several different coaching staffs trying to recruit against Alabama it starts to sink in as the "truth". We have to deal with the same thing, though less sinister than this, when recruiting DL for our 3-4 defense. They are being told from countless programs, that run a 4-3, that their chances of making it to the NFL are limited to being in a 4-3. It can be a lot to overcome.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
The more someone hears something the more it becomes the truth to that person even though it may not be true.

TideRush

Scout Team
Jan 4, 2011
Information might be abundant, but if they are hearing this kind of negative recruiting from several different coaching staffs trying to recruit against Alabama it starts to sink in as the "truth". We have to deal with the same thing, though less sinister than this, when recruiting DL for our 3-4 defense. They are being told from countless programs, that run a 4-3, that their chances of making it to the NFL are limited to being in a 4-3. It can be a lot to overcome.
Here's the best retort to that-Jesse Williams (San Fran), Josh Chapman (Indy), Mt Cody (Baltimore), Marcel Dareus (Buffalo), Courtney Upshaw (Baltimore-was LB, but great pass rusher. Not to mention playing on tv, winning NC's, etc.

Here's what Gruden says about it-
On defense, Gruden said versatility stands out.
“You see them play the 3 4 defense. You see them play the 4 3,” Gruden said. “They have a diverse subpackage. They play a lot of different coverages, man and zone, fundamentals and techniques.
“These players, I think, are ahead of most colleges because of their coaching. And they recruit first- and second-round draft choices. They do a heck of a job evaluating who to recruit and who to sign. It's a credit to Nick Saban and his coaching staff.”

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Here's the best retort to that-Jesse Williams (San Fran), Josh Chapman (Indy), Mt Cody (Baltimore), Marcel Dareus (Buffalo), Courtney Upshaw (Baltimore-was LB, but great pass rusher. Not to mention playing on tv, winning NC's, etc.

Here's what Gruden says about it-
On defense, Gruden said versatility stands out.
“You see them play the 3 4 defense. You see them play the 4 3,” Gruden said. “They have a diverse subpackage. They play a lot of different coverages, man and zone, fundamentals and techniques.
“These players, I think, are ahead of most colleges because of their coaching. And they recruit first- and second-round draft choices. They do a heck of a job evaluating who to recruit and who to sign. It's a credit to Nick Saban and his coaching staff.”
Has anyone else noticed the ESPN "Recruit" ticker. It seems everytime someone commits to another school Bama is always one of the teams they had an offer from. I do not recognize the kids name since he is not on any of our list and has not been discussed on this forum. I realize most of these were uncommitable offers and we are on their list for the prestige but at the rate it is being shown we must have offered 200 kids. I am ready for our next commit. Any predictions?

WsN

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 15, 2013
I thought we would get one or two commits after the last camp....I'm ready for the next one myself.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Has anyone else noticed the ESPN "Recruit" ticker. It seems everytime someone commits to another school Bama is always one of the teams they had an offer from. I do not recognize the kids name since he is not on any of our list and has not been discussed on this forum. I realize most of these were uncommitable offers and we are on their list for the prestige but at the rate it is being shown we must have offered 200 kids. I am ready for our next commit. Any predictions?
I've noticed that too. There is a small group of schools like Bama, USC, Oklahoma, Ohio St. FSU and a few others this happens to. I enjoy it and take it as a compliment to our program. It's nice to be one of the programs everyone likes having on their list. I always chuckle when an Auburn commit list one or more of those schools.

I saw this last night. Don't remember some even getting an offer.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
any truth to SDH visiting AU? and tre williams and cashner close to flipping?
Covered the latest on Hamilton in his thread, and Williams too, really. Cashner could be a possible flip at some point, but it's a premature question for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.