Updated 2014 prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Disclaimer This is my opinion which is subject to change ,but based off the information at hand. If you don't like my predictions you are more than welcomed to do your own in this thread or start your own..

Qb- We are done.
Rb Leonard Fournette - I'm sticking to my stance that we are more in this than anyone thinks or wants to admit.
Dalvin Cook We were trying to get a visit out of him. He is electric. Think in the spiller mode.
Joe Mixon Heard very good things about mixon and that he is in the Yeldon mold and is very high on us.
Racean Thomas- Imo when all is said and done he will be @ bama. He wants to be at UA so bad ,but UA just like the QB recruiting can be picky and as through as they want to be.
WR Ermon Lane- we lead ,but he will not commit until signing day and Miami is a real threat here as well.
Cameron Sims- IMO the most underrated Wr in the nation. UGA is trying to make a push ,but we will get him imo.(I think he will commit before the end of summer)
TETyler Luatua ( while some thought he was going to go to ND, he has bama in the lead.)
OTCameron Robinson ( we lead by a pretty wide margin and cornwell's commitment only strengthened that lead, the best thing for him (& fans is that he is an EE)
Damian Prince he mentions us constantly in his top 5 and
Roderick Johnson was just here this weekend and left today
OG Roderick Taylor IMO he ends up @ Ole miss. which is a shame because he is a really great player.
Damien Mama if we were taking more players then this would be a possibility ,but I just can't see it.
Jordan Sims Numbers crunch causality unfortunately.
Demetrius Knox Numbers crunch causality unfortunately. and he wants to be a package deal with his teammate
Charles Mosley This is our other guard in this class, Our staff loves this guy.
C- We are done.
DE/DTAndrew Brown- have to get him to visit to increase our chances ,but he would qualify as too good to pass up .
Matt Elam just got reranked by 24/7 to the #10 player. He will be our nose guard in this class. We are battling UK for him, but i think he will choose the good guys.
Josh Frazier- Numbers Crunch
Elisha Shaw Numbers crunch
Jack-Da'Shawn Hand we are in the top 3 and we land this big fish because of Saban and how he runs this program
SamLorenzo Carter we have lead for awhile and UGA is trying to make a serious push but in the end he will come to bama
MLBRaekwon McMillan We have continued to go up and up on his list and in the end he will come o bama. We will thank Smart for this
CBMarlon Humphrey until i see otherwise he will be at bama.
Tony Brown we are in this way more than people think. LSU will be tough ,but never count out saban for a CB that he wants
Jalen Tabor it's between us and UF and we are heavily favored by his parents. so it comes to who makes the decision.
SLaurence Jones- We are really really in this without actually making a push ,which I'm trying to say that if we do push that i think we land him
C.J. Hampton- the staff really likes him ,but I think he will stay with ole miss and numbers will be too tight.
Davion Hall - I think we flip him before the fall.
AthRonnie Clark- We lead and he is committing before the end of summer
Another disclaimer this is a short list ,but hopefully helps. Hope to see some others opinions on where guys end up.

Last edited:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Jam, how many can we take this year? With Bozeman grayshirting won't that count against this year's numbers?

Only thing I will say, I really think Fournette will be a tough steal. I have no doubt that we are as much in the running as anyone else, but Miles has put all his eggs in LF's basket. As much as I would love it if he committed to us, my gut really says he goes LSU. (btw, please do rub it in my face if we get him. Believe me, I would love it.) In everything else I think you are dead on, and thank you for all the work you did putting the list together!

Last edited:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I quit trying to do the numbers two years ago and just let Saban handle it. The numbers crunch I'm referencing is like a OG we will only take 2 now and have 1 already committed (this is my example)

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Jam, how many can we take this year? With Bozeman grayshirting won't that count against this year's numbers?

Only thing I will say, I really think Fournette will be a tough steal. I have no doubt that we are as much in the running as anyone else, but Miles has put all his eggs in LF's basket. As much as I would love it if he committed to us, my gut really says he goes LSU. (btw, please do rub it in my face if we get him. Believe me, I would love it.) In everything else I think you are dead on, and thank you for all the work you did putting the list together!
Here is thing about LF he isn't afraid of competition. Also, Miles basically making him the only RB for two classes can have a really negative effect because of what happened to Lattimore while he was @ USCE. He was over worked and ended up staying injured and it cost him in the draft and his first contract. Remember that Rb's have the shortest careers in the NFL. So, sharing the load is beneficial for everyone. Lastly, we haven't taken a RB yet for a reason and we all know that we have more than just a few that would jump on if givin the chance.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I quit trying to do the numbers two years ago and just let Saban handle it. The numbers crunch I'm referencing is like a OG we will only take 2 now and have 1 already committed (this is my example)
I gotcha, these numbers could give a rocket scientist a headache. As loaded as we are, how many backs do we take in this class? I'm sure LF is one of those we would take no matter what, but for example do you think we would take Rock or Cook if we already had him committed?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Here is thing about LF he isn't afraid of competition. Also, Miles basically making him the only RB for two classes can have a really negative effect because of what happened to Lattimore while he was @ USCE. He was over worked and ended up staying injured and it cost him in the draft and his first contract. Remember that Rb's have the shortest careers in the NFL. So, sharing the load is beneficial for everyone. Lastly, we haven't taken a RB yet for a reason and we all know that we have more than just a few that would jump on if givin the chance.
Does make sense, and it also helps that we have owned Louisiana the past few years. Still, it will probably be a very tight race for him.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I gotcha, these numbers could give a rocket scientist a headache. As loaded as we are, how many backs do we take in this class? I'm sure LF is one of those we would take no matter what, but for example do you think we would take Rock or Cook if we already had him committed?
I think we would take one because they are too good to pass up. Cook is defiantly in that category right now and im predicting Rock will be there. Saban could wait until December to put the full press on Rock and I think he would pick us on NSD. Not saying that should or will happen ,but Rock has always wanted go here ,but Evaluations are being done and redone.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Does make sense, and it also helps that we have owned Louisiana the past few years. Still, it will probably be a very tight race for him.
absolutely. It will be a tight race no matter what. It should speak volumes if as the LSU people make you believe he is such a lock, then why hasn't he just committed.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I think we would take one because they are too good to pass up. Cook is defiantly in that category right now and im predicting Rock will be there. Saban could wait until December to put the full press on Rock and I think he would pick us on NSD. Not saying that should or will happen ,but Rock has always wanted go here ,but Evaluations are being done and redone.
It would have to be a very tough decision as to who to take, but we are so loaded with young RB's that we can't really afford to take anymore unless they are just a can't miss prospect.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
It would have to be a very tough decision as to who to take, but we are so loaded with young RB's that we can't really afford to take anymore unless they are just a can't miss prospect.
I remember we said that last year and only had 3 Rb's after a couple weeks. Also, Remember middle 2000's when we were on our fourth QB pennington I believe and that was a miserable situation. A situation that Saban willn't allow to happen.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I remember we said that last year and only had 3 Rb's after a couple weeks. Also, Remember middle 2000's when we were on our fourth QB pennington I believe and that was a miserable situation. A situation that Saban willn't allow to happen.
I concede, only because I can't argue that point.:wink:

Hopefully we don't go through that nightmare again. We would have been toast if Yeldon hadn't proven to be (arguably) the best Freshman back we've had yet, and Lacy hadn't caught fire. Still, barring injury we will be completely stacked almost to the point of being unfair.

One last question and I'll leave you alone. I'm hearing rumors that Scarborough will go LB once he hits campus. Will he move to the D, or will he stay in the backfield?

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I concede, only because I can't argue that point.:wink:

Hopefully we don't go through that nightmare again. We would have been toast if Yeldon hadn't proven to be (arguably) the best Freshman back we've had yet, and Lacy hadn't caught fire. Still, barring injury we will be completely stacked almost to the point of being unfair.

One last question and I'll leave you alone. I'm hearing rumors that Scarborough will go LB once he hits campus. Will he move to the D, or will he stay in the backfield?
LOL you cool man, I really don't know because I heard he was doing well @ Wr in camps. I just think he will continue to grow and I remember everyone saying the same things about henry last year yet he is Rb no doubt about it.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Thanks for the report. I hope you are right . I am holding out hope for Fournette and Hand.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Thanks Jam. I like it when a player is in a numbers crunch situation and they are top 100 players. You know it's going good when this is taking place. If we land many of these high profile guys this class will be the best ever which is really hard to fathom.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I think Fournette is a dream that we will miss on, but as others in here have said I pray I am wrong. LF would be NASTY behind our line.

Rock Thomas will NOT be a bad go to back if we do miss on LF.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Thanks, Jam. Your updates are like crack - I can't get enough! LOL!

You mention we'll pass on OG Jordan Sims due to the numbers crunch. Hate to just give a highly ranked prospect to the barn. Any chance we find a way to fit him in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.