Glen Coffee completed Airborne School?

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
Oh good job! Hubby jumps out of planes for a living so I can appreciate...just couldn't do it myself ;) Hmm I wonder if he will make it to Bragg *grin* if he is going SF it is possible I suppose.

bamadws56

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2005
Fort Benning, GA
Yeah it is shrinking huh... It's strange though I just got out in 2010 and the way things have chance since is crazy. It's been that way since 2002. Every year it was something different. I thought briefly about making it a career as an officer but my children came first. I couldn't do it to them. I commend Coffee on what he's doing. He's going from a feature back to not even a squad leader in the military. That takes patience that few have, especially in his situation. I know I couldn't have done that much less jump out a fully functional airplane. My drill SGT was a football player in college. He had no injuries or anything. He jumped only once and tore up his knee. He hasn't jumped since. Good dude though.
The joke in the airborne community is "the first timr the airforce brings me a fully functioning plane, I might have second thoughts about jumping out of it!"

If he's SOF, he'll be coming here to Bragg. I'll have to keep an eye out for him.

I went through basic training and AIT (Advanced Infantry Training) at Ft. Benning back in 1979 but had no desire to jump off the training tower, much less a perfectly good airplane. ;)
I was at Benning before I went to Iraq and saw the giant red and white towers (red and white from what I remember) back in 2003 and 2004. There was no way I could do it. I could repel with the best of them though, actually as well as rangers. Jumping though that takes lunacy and a fifth of gin.
The joke in the airborne community is "the first timr the airforce brings me a fully functioning plane, I might have second thoughts about jumping out of it!"

If he's SOF, he'll be coming here to Bragg. I'll have to keep an eye out for him.
The only airplane I jumped out of is the last one that brought me home from
Iraq. Well, I jumped off the steps and kissed the ground and said never again. That's about all the jumping they got out of me.

Last edited:

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
I worked there for a year and a half a couple of years ago. That would have been a fun class to teach.

All The Way Glen.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Hooah, Glen!

Minor point, also the US military academies (which we know doesn't apply in this case)
Ah yes...considering it takes getting a congressperson to rec you, I just don't even think of that for most people. Just gotta hope no kid in your district has a momma or daddy who knows or is important to your rep when you want to apply.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Ah yes...considering it takes getting a congressperson to rec you, I just don't even think of that for most people. Just gotta hope no kid in your district has a momma or daddy who knows or is important to your rep when you want to apply.
So true.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
As he talked Thursday, Coffee was moments away from completing his fifth and final jump required to complete Airborne School at Fort Benning in Georgia. He graduates Friday and hopes to be on his way soon to Fort Bragg in North Carolina, where his goal of becoming a member of the U.S. Army Special Forces eventually could be realized.

“I know my motivation and I know my focus,” Coffee said. “I just felt like being in an elite unit would pretty much weed out anybody who didn't have the drive and focus that I believe I have.
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i...er_alabama_rb_glen_coffee.html#incart_m-rpt-2

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.