Glen Coffee completed Airborne School?

LoyalAlum

Scout Team
Jun 13, 2009
I just saw a tweet that Glen Coffee has completed Airborne School this week. If it's true..then good on him! Another Bama proud moment.

LoyalAlum

Scout Team
Jun 13, 2009
Good for him. I know he's struggled a bit to find his path in life. Did he get his degree from Bama or not?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
2LT Coffee or SPC Coffee?

He got his degree right?

edit: Apparently he is a PFC, so I don't think he completed his degree because you can enlist as an E-4 if you have a college degree from a 4-year institution.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They changed the rules on OCS without a degree. You must have a four-year degree from an accredited institution before entry into officer candidate school. I know officers who are majors and light colonels today who came in when you only had to have college credit and finish school - I believe - before your 1LT promotion date. The only route to commission these days is either a diploma + OCS or successful completion of ROTC with a degree on schedule. There are some waivers for ROTC folks where they finish MS-4 a class or two short of completion of their degree, but they really try to avoid those cases to keep their numbers on target.

Either way, once Glen completes his training (I assume an athlete like himself took the 18X MOS option for initial entry special forces...so it might be a minute) he has access to Post-911 MGIB as a member of the regular army. He could definitely finish school with those benefits.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That was a quick change. I knew 2LTs that weren't finished with school and was trying their best to get me in but I wanted out ASAP. I had my associates at the time but I chose the civilian route.
It's going to be a shrinking military over the next few years. Every time that happens, standards go up. BTW, his dad was career, Air Force, I think...

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida
In May coach Burns told me Coffee was in Airborne School when I ask him how much contact he has with his previous backs. I did not know this fact. I was amazed to hear how much contact he actually has with ALL of them. CBB is a class act.....anyway......great job Mr. Coffee.....rtr

It's going to be a shrinking military over the next few years. Every time that happens, standards go up. BTW, his dad was career, Air Force, I think...
Yeah it is shrinking huh... It's strange though I just got out in 2010 and the way things have chance since is crazy. It's been that way since 2002. Every year it was something different. I thought briefly about making it a career as an officer but my children came first. I couldn't do it to them. I commend Coffee on what he's doing. He's going from a feature back to not even a squad leader in the military. That takes patience that few have, especially in his situation. I know I couldn't have done that much less jump out a fully functional airplane. My drill SGT was a football player in college. He had no injuries or anything. He jumped only once and tore up his knee. He hasn't jumped since. Good dude though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.