Kentucky Recruiting Class Discussion

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Re: As of 6/19 The Nations Best Recruiting Class Per Rivals.com is..........Kentucky!

As Chop said, this is merely a product of the number of commitments. Though not a perfect guage, the average player rating is more indicative of where the classes will end up, based on equal number of players signed. A great class for Ky, and I'm glad for them, but...

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Re: As of 6/19 The Nations Best Recruiting Class Per Rivals.com is..........Kentucky!

Rivals - where signing with Notre Dame automatically bumps you up a star.
Meh, we've had the benefit some lately too. And not just from Rivals, but 247Sports as well. Sometimes it was warranted, sometimes not so much. But it evens out in my opinion.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Guessing UK finishes somewhere around 28 when all is said and done....

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Guessing UK finishes somewhere around 28 when all is said and done....
Most "future rankings" articles I have read have them finishing top 20, which would be a coup for Stoops. I hope they do finish in the top 20, so it's just one more example of SEC dominance. I am tired of other conferences saying how top heavy we are...especially when Kentucky is out recruiting them now.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL

HAHA..Exactly..I still like & respect Rivals more than I do Scouts..247 is the best of the bunch right now..
247 has Matt Elam at the #10 prospect. He moved up 231 spots. I don't understand. Hopefully it was an error or something haha

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

I agree. Since this is Kentucky we are talking about I'm going to equate this to horse racing. KY right now is the speed horse and is way out front at the 1/2 mile pole but when they hit the home stretch they get passed by a bunch of horses. With 18 commits now they only have room for 7 more so KY will have a top 15 class (and maybe top 10) which is great for them but many teams will pass them by the time signing day is here.
A top 10 class for Kentucky is a major, major accomplishment...I give stoops plenty of credit for getting off to a fast start, just as Franklin has done at Vandy...

I love seeing the bottom of the conference getting stronger, just makes the SEC stronger as a whole...

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

I know it sounds funny now, but Mike Stoops's name was mentioned more than once for the Bama job years ago. Not by anyone with authority or knowledge as far as I know, But he was mentioned. This was before Stoops had any HC experience. At the time, some talking head said "Mike Stoops would crawl to Tuscaloosa if he was offered the job." :D

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Anytime the nation wonders how you're recruiting so well, you don't want an assistant coach tweeting the below comment. He deleted soon after.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Anytime the nation wonders how you're recruiting so well, you don't want an assistant coach tweeting the below comment. He deleted soon after.

I see that as a non issue. We have the same situation with D liner, but dont believe we're paying players either.....simply evidence that 17-18 year old kids have no way of controllign their comments on twitter or instagram.

Perhaps Stoops is just doing a great job of selling the program.

edit: Initially I didnt catch that this is an assistant coach...I hope this isnt his real account.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

What is one to believe: Ole Miss throwing up money and denying it or Kentucky showing up money and not doing it? For gosh sakes, somebody tee up a football somewhere!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.