News Article: Why Bama won't 3-peat

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I think it comes down to ready to play attitude of the team, I mean everyone.

We just don't know right now just how good they are but my feelings are that we are better in every area except O-Line.

Heart, Desire, Drive will win or lose over raw talent. CNS & staff have learned a lot over the past few years & they are at their Best in applying the lessons.

Real question is Will the players buy in early & will the leaders om the field step up?

socalbamafan123

Scout Team
May 26, 2010

wow, quite the article. so we lose to tam, lsu, va-tech, ole miss and maybe the barn. we are doomed. maybe this guy is spot on but u can tell by the tone of the piece. he just wants it so bad. remember all the articles last year that said bama can't possibly win 2 in a row. will we win it all this year? probably not, but this national hatred for bama in the media chaps my butt. i hope we win it all just to stick in their faces, if we do they will lose their minds.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
'I have an idea, I'll come up with a specific result then create an article to try to bolster that concept!'

If every other team on the schedule didn't have people graduate and / or leave for the NFL, didn't have injuries, etc, some of these points would have merit, but at this point, anyone doubting this staff's ability to 'plug-n-play' simply hasn't been paying attention.

What's more:
What's more, Muschamp has already molded his defense to account for spread offenses after three years at Texas. In Austin, he faced Sam Bradford and Leach's Texas Tech teams, among others, plus he had to deal with Colt McCoy in practice. It is little surprise, then, that his Florida unit figured out how to defend Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M quicker than other units.
positively reeks of ignorance. That was A&M (and JM's) first game of the season, while we got them in game 10. Swap those two games and we'd beat A&M by 20+ and UF would have been embarrassed...

We'll see what happens, and I'm open to legitimate ideas / articles about how Alabama will perform this season, but this one reads as if it were written by a wishful, opposing fan. There's a reason those who really know the sport give Bama the odds we're getting...

AHH, just checked, he a shorthorn fan. It all makes sense now.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Yes, he makes the points that we are all aware of already. The odds are against us winning another title this year, but I like our chances better than most. We should have a very good team, but championships are difficult to win. It will be fun to watch.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I've read parts 1 & 2 as well. While the author makes some very good points, at the end of the day, we still found a way to win all but one game. And that team was lead by one of the best dual threat QBs in the country. Not every team has a Johnny Football. Spread and HUNH teams will continue to give us trouble, but it takes a very special QB to get the better of the elite athletes we have on defense. Smart and Saban are also incredibly adept at making adjustments when its time to keep teams out of the end zone. No matter how good your offense is, it's very difficult to beat a disciplined, well coached team with great talent. And Alabama is that team.

That said, I don't think we will go undefeated, simply because of how difficult a feat that is in the SEC.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
after the leadership void that befell the 2010 team it was tossed about on this board that once "the process" only contained recruits that Saban wanted that a lack of leadership would no longer be a concern. I feel that this is the case with last year's team, and this year's team as well. While their identity has yet to be established, this team has leadership and veteran players in positions all along the team with playing experience and the discipline to show the new guys how it's supposed to be done to eliminate clutter and this concept of "three-peating." I think we need a little luck on the injury front, because I'm not worried about this coaching staff adjusting to how these players perform.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
'Splains the Colt reference.

They keep digging up the corpse. Seems the butt-hurt just won't go away for those fans...
Deep down they know that it was absolutely God-given divine intervention that got them there in the first place, and it will take the exact same to get them back with their current regime at head coach. They know, and it eats them from the inside out. Relevance, taken away from them with one seemingly normal football play. If Colt had only went down before he got hurt. If COLT had been able to bounce back. IF COLT HAD only been there in the fourth quarter. WHY DID COLT HAVE TO GET HURT? WHY?! Heh.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
A lot of the points he made this year, could have been made for last year's team as well. It is easy enough to speak of the accomplishments of players after the fact, but there were plenty of logical reasons Alabama should not have won a national championship last year. But, they did.

You have a lot of the same reasons this year as well. Last year, we saw players emerge, like Yeldon and Cooper. Without that? Alabama would have been in trouble. We need the same thing again this year. In addition, we need key players to stay healthy.

So, it is as simple as this. If things go like they did last year, Alabama wins again. If players don't step up? If AJ is injured? The odds become nearly impossible. He relies too heavily on this simple formula though, and even wanders between calling it impossible, to more than 0, but not going to happen. It's not really a bold prediction, and he has an odd fascination with Auburn in his article.

Auburn was 3-9 last year. There's no reason at all to believe they'll provide any sort of a challenge to Alabama. Furthermore, Gus coached the 2011 Auburn team that Alabama beat 42-14, so I don't see how you put that together and arrive to the conclusion that they could be trouble for Alabama. If they're trouble for Alabama, Alabama is already in deep trouble... That part was enough for me to dismiss a lot of other things he said.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
"Three-peats don't happen for a reason, even with great teams. The reason is that no one else wants them to happen." Especially him!

All his article does for me is prove without a doubt that 1966 Bama should have been the National Champion. They weren't because of what he said in the last line in the article, quoted above. 1966 Bama could have been unscored on as well as undefeated and still would have finished third.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
A few valid points - but Gus Malzahn back at Auburn is not one of them. Gus was 1-2 and his offense got as many points in his last game there as Loeffler (or whoever) got last year.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
A classic case of manipulating the data to prove your hypothesis.

It's not that he doesn't make valid points; he does. But his logic is corrupted by his emotions.

I would've preferred a journalist who was honest: "I don't WANT Alabama to three-peat, so here's why I think it won't happen."

msb256

Jan 20, 2011
It's all speculation until the games are played. But, to say that we WILL NOT win the BCS Championship this year is a bit bold.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I would've preferred a journalist who was honest: "I don't WANT Alabama to three-peat, so here's why I think it won't happen."
I'm with you.
I do appreciate that he actually knows our team. He mentions all of our OL by name, something that most CFB analysts probably cannot do.
But, we better get used to it. Some will say we can't do it, and we'll get all mad. Then some jokers will say we will and we'll think they are "on our side."
At this point what we know is that we look to be the best team in CFB (again) and have a very manageable schedule. And every other program in the country views us as the standard.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm with you.
I do appreciate that he actually knows our team. He mentions all of our OL by name, something that most CFB analysts probably cannot do.
But, we better get used to it. Some will say we can't do it, and we'll get all mad. Then some jokers will say we will and we'll think they are "on our side."
At this point what we know is that we look to be the best team in CFB (again) and have a very manageable schedule. And every other program in the country views us as the standard.
Are you kidding? Verne know every player on our team from past years - problem is, he thinks Orlando McCain and Lou Saban are on the sidelines right now with Tebow.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.