Snowden leaves Hong Kong (old title, been in Russia for a while now...)

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005
Re: Snowden leaves Hong Kong

Nationalistic interests rise higher than civil rights. It appears he will be treated like a traitor despite being a civilian contractor.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Nationalistic interests rise higher than civil rights. It appears he will be treated like a traitor despite being a civilian contractor.
the whole point of fundamental natural rights is that they transcend all government interests.

As to Snowden, I read too Oliver Stone was going to make a movie on him.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

the whole point of fundamental natural rights is that they transcend all government interests.

cool, i liked platoon. i wonder if snowdon will go out like elias or like barnes

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005

I may agree with you regarding fundamental natural rights. However defending these has not been the history of powerful governments and empires. I believe it has usually been the case of "might makes right, and "end justifies the means." I don't think a piece of paper will protect Mr. Snowden.

On the other hand, the consequences and blowback have been interesting with much room for debate.

https://solari.com/blog/review-glenn-greenwalds-no-place-to-hide/#more-55945

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/google-privacy-law-means-total-rethink-of-basic-freedoms-9463694.html

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.