Toughest games on Bama's schedule in order

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I'll get roasted for this, but I think the Hokies will be noticeably better than last year. They have a veteran QB and a solid defense, plus a good HC who has all offseason to prepare. We better be ready for them.
Va Tech will be a solid opponent, similar to Michigan last year. We will be ready, have no doubt about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
1. Georgia State
2. Chattanooga
3. Kentucky
4. Colorado State
5. Arkansas
6. Ole Miss
7. Tennessee
8. Mississippi State
9. Virginia Tech
10.Texas A&M
11. Auburn
12. LSU

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Why are some of y'all so high on Auburn?

שלומ

Thats not the way I would put it. I'm not high on API but I'm old enough to not ever discount them & what they will do to best us. It's their whole life, it's all they live for.
keeping it down home cuz was not the first & Cammy Cam won't be the last. Clearly our 2010 team was Better but things went bad fast.
I don't like them as much as anyone but if you look at history, it's been tough with them.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Thats not the way I would put it. I'm not high on API but I'm old enough to not ever discount them & what they will do to best us. It's their whole life, it's all they live for.
keeping it down home cuz was not the first & Cammy Cam won't be the last. Clearly our 2010 team was Better but things went bad fast.
I don't like them as much as anyone but if you look at history, it's been tough with them.
I have heard this from a lot of older Bama fans. However, I am not superstitious, ergo, I put no stock in the argument. Auburn only has importance if we give it to them.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I have heard this from a lot of older Bama fans. However, I am not superstitious, ergo, I put no stock in the argument. Auburn only has importance if we give it to them.
If you listened to the 1972 IB on a transistor radio your view may be different:)

All I'm saying is these jerks live for beating us Bama strives fot NC's big difference looking at the list the IB to me will be our greatest challenge, I hope we hang 49 on 'em like last year but to many times in history the records did not match the intensity of that game, 2009 is the best example as of late. Heck what do I know maybe I need to not live in the past, but when I hunt in woods where I have seen snakes, I'm careful where I step.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
As much as I would love to beat them 42-14 and 49-0 every year, it can't go on forever. If the cheese was still running the show, I would have ranked *U as one of our easier games. However, now that Malzahn is there, I think they will provide a bit more of a challenge. I still don't see them beating us by any means, but it will be more like a 31-14 type of game with us wearing their defense down in the second half.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
If you listened to the 1972 IB on a transistor radio your view may be different:)

All I'm saying is these jerks live for beating us Bama strives fot NC's big difference looking at the list the IB to me will be our greatest challenge, I hope we hang 49 on 'em like last year but to many times in history the records did not match the intensity of that game, 2009 is the best example as of late. Heck what do I know maybe I need to not live in the past, but when I hunt in woods where I have seen snakes, I'm careful where I step.
Exactly. Those morons literally base their program around us. Ask one of them about 2010. All they can tell you is about the win over us. They don't remember squat about their win over South Carolina in the SEC Title Game or the win over Oregon in the BCS Title Game. I asked a barner relative the other day about why 2010 is only remembered for an IB victory and he said "well, that's a good question". "I guess it's because South Carolina was so inept in the SEC Title Game and cam did not play all that well against Oregon, whereas you guys are our main rivals". As I recall, we didn't play all that well against Texas in the 2009 BCS Title Game, but I remember a whole lot more about that game than I do the IB.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
1. Georgia State
2. Chattanooga
3. Colorado State
4. Kentucky
5. Auburn
6. Arkansas
7. Tennessee
8. Virginia Tech
9. Miss. State
10. Ole Miss
11. aTm
12. LSU
13. tOSU
14. Florida

aTm scares me more than LSU but I believe LSU will have the better team.

No way I'm ranking UTenn higher than tOSU.

everyone is leaving out the toughest competetion our team will face all year long...

...the Alabama scout squad.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama

I doubt I would think any differently than I do now. The best team that day wins, the outcome has nothing to do with tea leaves or "want to." Everyone always wants to win the game, talent counts and desire does not.

שלומ

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
As much as I would love to beat them 42-14 and 49-0 every year, it can't go on forever. If the cheese was still running the show, I would have ranked *U as one of our easier games. However, now that Malzahn is there, I think they will provide a bit more of a challenge. I still don't see them beating us by any means, but it will be more like a 31-14 type of game with us wearing their defense down in the second half.
A Gus Malzahn offense hasn't scored against Alabama since 2010 with Cam Newton. Prior to that, he needed gimmicks to make the game close (and that 2009 team didn't have the overall talent as this team).

Outside of Cameron Newton, Saban's 5 games against Auburn hasn't been bad. Look at the AU QB stats in those 5 games. Combined 52 of 107 for 544 yds, 2 TDs, 5 INTs. (5 games: 07-9, 11-12)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I kinda expect something closer to 2009 than 2011 in my opinion. And you can't really put 2012 on Malzahn's head because he was leading Arkansas State (who gave Oregon more than they were expecting in game 1).

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
oh boy...
That might sound confusing. I look at the game scientifically. Coach Bryant once said that it is not the will to win that matters, but rather the will to prepare to win that wins ball games. Games are won in spring training, and fall practices. They are not won on Saturday. I have heard forever that a team really wants to win, so that makes them dangerous. That's as silly as superstition. The better team wins the vast majority of the time, not the team that just really wants to win. A team cannot be terrible for 364 days out of the year, then suddenly become great on Saturday just because they have desire.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.