*** JUCO OT Dominick Jackson commits to Alabama ***

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: ***JUCO OT Dominick Jackson commits to BAMA***

The link says he plans to graduate in December and has 3 years to play 2.
I saw an earlier post that he would not be here in January and I thought it would be unusual and out of character for us to take a Juco commit that would not graduate early and arrive in January

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I saw an earlier post that he would not be here in January and I thought it would be unusual and out of character for us to take a Juco commit that would not graduate early and arrive in January
More likely he graduates in May. He'd need to get ahead go schedule. The staff knows a May graduation is more likely. It speaks volumes of staff's opinion of him as an anchor for RT to take him thinking he can't get here until June.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

More likely he graduates in May. He'd need to get ahead go schedule. The staff knows a May graduation is more likely. It speaks volumes of staff's opinion of him as an anchor for RT to take him thinking he can't get here until June.
His coach says May, 2014...

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com

Sounds like a solid pickup, but how are you "solid" in your commitment if you haven't even been to campus yet? Why would you even commit without a visit unless the coaches put the hot-box squeeze on the phone? I hope he sticks, but we need to get him on campus ASAP.
Think when he gets on campus he will be blown away with the facilities and academic support.

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
That's going to be a huge line next year!

Sent from my iPhone
I do agree with you. I like to think that we could have next year on the Oline guys like Cam Robinson, AK, Lindsay or Kelly, Grant Hill (he's already my favorite oline player), D. Jackson. There are a few more guys waiting in line too !!! That would be great if this one could stick with us. According to me, he's an other Grant Hill (tall, strong and mean !).

I do agree with you. I like to think that we could have next year on the Oline guys like Cam Robinson, AK, Lindsay or Kelly, Grant Hill (he's already my favorite oline player), D. Jackson. There are a few more guys waiting in line too !!! That would be great if this one could stick with us. According to me, he's an other Grant Hill (tall, strong and mean !).
That would be great!

Sent from my iPhone

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Don't count out Grant Hill or a Shepherd move to LT.
I think Shepherd will stay at RT. Now Grant Hill on the other hand I agree with 100%, unless Jackson can get on campus and get there and allow Grant Hill to be our future at RT or even LG. Safe to say in 2-3 years our O-Line is going to be sick like last years was.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Kind of a forgotten man with the early commitment, but in terms of 2014 there are few, if any, signees more important than Jackson, given our current issues at offensive tackle. He's generally making the academic progress needed, but as RTO alluded to several weeks back, he's got a lot more course work ahead of him this spring and possibly in the summer term as well.

He's coming in for an official visit shortly. Was hoping to come in this weekend, but might have to push that back a week.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.