*** JUCO OT Dominick Jackson commits to Alabama ***

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: ***JUCO OT Dominick Jackson commits to BAMA***

Kind of a forgotten man with the early commitment, but in terms of 2014 there are few, if any, signees more important than Jackson, given our current issues at offensive tackle. He's generally making the academic progress needed, but as RTO alluded to several weeks back, he's got a lot more course work ahead of him this spring and possibly in the summer term as well.

He's coming in for an official visit shortly. Was hoping to come in this weekend, but might have to push that back a week.
If Jackson gets on campus, I think we could move Shepherd inside and have DJ at RT. Shepherd is a jack of all trades and I think better suited as a OG than OT. Jackson can be a mauler a la Fluker; not sure how his pass pro is though. That's my only concern outside of academic qualification.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Here's a really awesome video I saw posted on Facebook..Apparently he's been through a lot in his life & will be a good one for us..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Thanks for posting Tideman. I have a new favorite in this class and I am pulling hard for Dominick to do well and succeed!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Yea, it sounds like this young man has done some growing up and has his head on straight. I am pulling for him to succeed and look forward to seeing him in crimson!
Thanks for the post TideMan.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

No problem I'm glad y'all enjoyed the video as well..Notice how great in shape he's in for a big boy..He doesn't look like he's got an ounce of fat on him..He looks impressive for a 300LB'er..
Thanks for posting Tideman. I have a new favorite in this class and I am pulling hard for Dominick to do well and succeed!
Yea, it sounds like this young man has done some growing up and has his head on straight. I am pulling for him to succeed and look forward to seeing him in crimson!
Thanks for the post TideMan.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Wow, he's got locker room leader written ALL OVER him.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Definitely wears his heart on his sleeve. Should be able to bond well with the team. Would love for him to be another James Carpenter type. I know I see him as a RT, but what are the chances he can play LT?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Yup..We all experience a slice of "Humble Pie in life, it helped mold me into the man & Daddy I am today..If you truly learn from it, you will become a better human, an a better Daddy, I didn't enjoy it, but, I've became a better man & I have no doubt in my mind a better Daddy..

I try to lead by example with my Baby Girls, cause I want the best for them, and if they follow my examples I set for them..I don't worry in the least bit, about them running down the wrong side of life..An I have that feeling Dominick will be that vocal leader for our young guys, you can see it, and definitely feel it from his heart..

Last edited:

Philippines

Scout Team
Feb 9, 2014
Birmingham, AL

Wow! 30 seconds into the video the emotions take over. Hope this kid puts in the effort to be eligible.
You have to pull for him to be successful.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.