Bryon De'Vinner Tweets Butch Jones & UT Won't Deal With Him Because He Doesn't Cheat

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bryon De'Vinner Tweets Butch Jones & UT Won't Deal With Him Because He Doesn't Cheat

De'Vinner is the 7-on-7 coach of Will Redmond, the Mississippi State DB signee who took money. This morning he tweeted a few things about Butch Jones and Tennessee.

Certain recruiting sites in Tennessee need to quit trying to funnel money to these recruits. You are hurting the kids. Parents be smarter.

Parents why would you allow your kids to attend a school in a city full of racism. Knoxville is a place where the KKK wears suites!
He then goes back and forth with a few fans about it. He says he has proof to back up his tweets. Here's his twitter page for anyone wanting to see.

Clearly, he doesn't have very much credibility because of the way he handled the Redmond and MSU story in the media. UT fans were worried about Jones' ability to recruit prior to his early success in the 2014 class. Could this explain it? Who knows.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Re: Bryon De'Vinner Tweets Butch Jones & UT Won't Deal With Him Because He Doesn't Ch

My belief----He handled the Redmond & MSU story that way for a very specific purpose. He has no relationships at MSU and doesn't want any----and Ole Miss better be careful dealing with him, too. He knows where his bread is buttered. Funny how you never heard of De'Vinner until after Kenny Rogers dropped off the face of the earth in November 2010----Kenny Rogers Jr.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Re: Bryon De'Vinner Tweets Butch Jones & UT Won't Deal With Him Because He Doesn't Ch

My belief----He handled the Redmond & MSU story that way for a very specific purpose. He has no relationships at MSU and doesn't want any----and Ole Miss better be careful dealing with him, too. He knows where his bread is buttered. Funny how you never heard of De'Vinner until after Kenny Rogers dropped off the face of the earth in November 2010----Kenny Rogers Jr.
My concern is his involvement currently with several UA targets out of TN. Supposedly he had something to do with providing some info on the J Robinson false transcripts with AU this past year. He has been to UA plenty with recruits. Rico McGraw is one that he brings to TTown among a few others.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

My concern is his involvement currently with several UA targets out of TN. Supposedly he had something to do with providing some info on the J Robinson false transcripts with AU this past year. He has been to UA plenty with recruits. Rico McGraw is one that he brings to TTown among a few others.
A quick look at his Twitter page shows some pictures from UA, which caused me to raise my eyebrows.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

When Jovon Robinson's situation first came up, De'Vinner was at ground zero. I understand from the locals that he could have provided information but didn't. Instead, he pointed the NCAA in the direction of MSU and claimed he was clean. Ironic, I know-----( Kenny Rogers Jr ) -----UT's Memphis bunch actually brought the incident to the attention of everyone in the south----therefore De'Vinner's recent tirade on the UT boards.

De'Vinner has removed his De'Vinner Foundation page from the interwebs----if he hasn't taken it down it sure is difficult to locate, now. And for a guy who raises money for good causes not to have a webpage, well...his old page gave cudos to two gentlemen who assisted him in in his younger years. One is a construction company owner in Birmingham who just happened to play college football at *U. The other? I'll let you guess. De'Vinner graduated from Calera High School sometime in the late 1980s----seems I remember there was a real famous athlete from just across the Cahaba River that won several awards in the mid 80s----

Here's some background about Rogers----and other things one needs to know to understand "scouts" and what they can and cannot do.

http://nsr-inc.com/blog/knowing-when-a-scouting-service-is-legit/

Note that Rogers was working for a Chicago based agent on the professional side----who was he working for on the college side? Probably safe to say someone in Chicago.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...1_convention-center-downtown-center-and-hotel

Been a business partner of Bo Jackson since the late 1990's? Runs "Elite" Scouting? Anyone who follows AAU basketball at all understands that the "Elite" name generally means a Nike sponsorship. Thru the years UnderArmor has hijacked some "Elite" teams but, for the most part Elite = Nike. Elite 11 QB camp? Nike. Where did it come from and who owns it? If it waddles like a duck, and flys like a duck and quacks like a duck-----it's probably a duck. Did you watch the recent 30 for 30 on BO?

Elite was first connected with Nike in their cross trainer line 25 years ago. Who was the spokesperson?

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/90400-interesting-article-on-bo-jackson/

"We spoke Saturday at the Bo Jackson Elite Sports training facility in Lockport, where Jackson was helping promote a new version of the Nike cross trainer that he made famous some 20 years ago..."

''It's a new shoe and it's not,'' he said. ''It's the same shoe -- a cross trainer -- with better technology. My name isn't on it, but it's my shoe. Everyone knows it's my shoe.''

http://article.wn.com/view/2013/04/..._nearer_to_reality_in_Hilliard/#/related_news

http://bojacksonselitesports.com/

So----we can conclude---Bo Jackson and Kenny Rogers were business partners---but that probably wouldn't be good for business to allow that relationship to continue in public. Bo still pimps for Nike---which means he is still drawing money from Nike. Bo's centerpiece for training is named Bo Jackson's Elite Sports. It really isn't much of a stretch to believe Bo owns the "elite" name. Byron De'Vinner's 7-on-7 team was the West Tennessee Elite---probably a Nike sponsored group. No one had ever heard of De'Vinner until Rogers was forced underground. De'Vinner played at UAB---and his home base for his scouting service and camps for years has been UAB and downtown Birmingham. The guidance counselor that retired from Jovon Robinson's high school in May 2012? And admitted that the staff member that asked her to change the grade was an Auburn grad? Has a son who worked at UAB until late 2011 -------- hadn't heard that one have you. Smoke and fire and ifs and buts----I think this staff knows to stay clear of anybody associated with this guy. Mirando was too young and too trusting to recognize what he was dealing with. And much like the UT reaction, De'Vinner will eventually attempt to rat us out----'cause someone will put him up to it.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

So----we can conclude---Bo Jackson and Kenny Rogers were business partners---but that probably wouldn't be good for business to allow that relationship to continue in public. Bo still pimps for Nike---which means he is still drawing money from Nike. Bo's centerpiece for training is named Bo Jackson's Elite Sports. It really isn't much of a stretch to believe Bo owns the "elite" name. Byron De'Vinner's 7-on-7 team was the West Tennessee Elite---probably a Nike sponsored group. No one had ever heard of De'Vinner until Rogers was forced underground. De'Vinner played at UAB---and his home base for his scouting service and camps for years has been UAB and downtown Birmingham. The guidance counselor that retired from Jovon Robinson's high school in May 2012? And admitted that the staff member that asked her to change the grade was an Auburn grad? Has a son who worked at UAB until late 2011 -------- hadn't heard that one have you. Smoke and fire and ifs and buts----I think this staff knows to stay clear of anybody associated with this guy. Mirando was too young and too trusting to recognize what he was dealing with. And much like the UT reaction, De'Vinner will eventually attempt to rat us out----'cause someone will put him up to it.
Rat WHO out? :conf3:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Great question...Hmmmm...OBMS, who exactly is us?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.