Watch Out! Auburn is on the Rise (fun stuff from ITAT)

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I like that one guy who said....."no more 30 point losses."

I didn't see a 30 point loss.

I saw a 42 point loss to A&M.

I saw a 38 point loss to UGA.

I saw a 49 point loss to Bama.

You gotta love it when they're still trying to temper their butt whippings 7-8-9 months later.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Auburn's history is as a decent/good program with an occassional very good season. During the 15 year history of the BCS, a relative "golden" era for AU football, they have lost at least 4 games in 11 of those seasons and only have 3 10 win seasons.

In contrast, though the last 5 years have been fabulous, the first 10 years of the BCS era included 9 years of the worst 10 year stretch in Bama history in terms of losses. During that time Bama has had 7 4 loss-or-more seasons and 8 10 win seasons.

AU only has 12 10 win seasons in its history. They only have 9 major bowl appearances and 4 major bowl victories. Bama has 33 10 win seasons (tied with OU for most), 36 major bowl apearances (most) with a 21-14-1 record (2nd to USC for most).

Last edited:

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I like that one guy who said....."no more 30 point losses."

I didn't see a 30 point loss.

I saw a 42 point loss to A&M.

I saw a 38 point loss to UGA.

I saw a 49 point loss to Bama.

You gotta love it when they're still trying to temper their butt whippings 7-8-9 months later.
All of those could have been 60+

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA
I didn't take the ITAT thread to mean they were on the rise and competing for championships. It looks like a semi-civil thread regarding the amount of time Gus will be given to turn around the program. There are many, many reasonable replies in the thread actually. Curious, why do we care so much about them? They are somewhat irrelevant at the moment. Our focus should be on A&M and LSU for now.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Let's hear it for delusional fan bases!

On a related note, it seems interesting how dark and menacing most of the members Avatars are on that site.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I didn't take the ITAT thread to mean they were on the rise and competing for championships. It looks like a semi-civil thread regarding the amount of time Gus will be given to turn around the program. There are many, many reasonable replies in the thread actually. Curious, why do we care so much about them? They are somewhat irrelevant at the moment. Our focus should be on A&M and LSU for now.
Couldn't agree more. We ridicule AU for obsessing with us on their boards but lately I've seen a few threads here started for no reason other than to send tidefans.com clickers to an AU board. Baffling. If we can ban LSU fans from posting, I'd like to see us ban all links to any AU board or site.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Why do we care so much what they are doing? A lot of you make fun and say they care to much about what we are saying and doing.. I know its the off season but enough about Auburn.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Why do we care so much what they are doing? A lot of you make fun and say they care to much about what we are saying and doing.. I know its the off season but enough about Auburn.
It is the off season, with no other sport going on besides the early part of baseball.

EddieTorres

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham,Al
"I'll be really patient since history teaches us that the odds are extraordinarilly slim that Gus will ever play for a NC at AU."

Laughed when I read this.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
One thing I just never understand - nobody is forced to click on any thread, and, yet, some do so and complain about the thread's existence. Just drop it. AU threads aren't going away in the offseason...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
One thing I just never understand - nobody is forced to click on any thread, and, yet, some do so and complain about the thread's existence. Just drop it. AU threads aren't going away in the offseason...
It's the off season and the board has been a little slow. I appreciate new threads and the ones that interest me I click and read. The ones that don't I bypass. Pretty simple!

But I agree with you Earle and don't understand why people complain about an occasional thread poking fun at Auburn. I put ITAT in the title so folks would know and could click or not click.

Last time I checked, poking fun at your cross state opponent doesn't mean you are obsessed with them. And yes they are an easy target!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Couldn't agree more. We ridicule AU for obsessing with us on their boards but lately I've seen a few threads here started for no reason other than to send tidefans.com clickers to an AU board. Baffling. If we can ban LSU fans from posting, I'd like to see us ban all links to any AU board or site.
I would like to see a ban on people clicking on threads they do not want to read nor be a part of.

The Auburn program is on the rise ~ smoke rises!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.