*** CB Marlon Humphrey Signs With Alabama ***

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: CB Marlon Humphrey Updates (Page 15)

It's a good sign, but a long way to go!

Sent from my iPhone
Yup..If there was ever a sure thing in recruiting, Marlon would my pic, being a "Legacy" & having the best DB coach in the game that will be personally coaching him at Bama, is a combination I think that's just too dadgum good for Marlon to pass up on..I like our chances a lot..

Yup..If there was ever a sure thing in recruiting, Marlon would my pic, being a "Legacy" & having the best DB coach in the game that will be personally coaching him at Bama, is a combination I think that's just too dadgum good for Marlon to pass up on..I like our chances a lot..
Yeah since Roberts left he has become a big need!

Sent from my iPhone

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Just a reminder, RTO has continued to say one thing when Marlon would make a comment about Bama, MSU, or FSU: he likes to troll and play the recruiting game. He very well may have a FSU towel this Friday.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Yea the kid loves playing the game (I would have too at that age) but I think with Saban being the DB coach, him playing close to Dad and being a Legacy will just be too much for him to turn down. Yea Pruitt and FSU will b.s. him, and yes FSU has a good track team and what not, but his future and major money maker is FOOTBALL. I think he knows Bama is in need of CB's and he can step in early and play and still run track as well and not to mention possibly return kicks (which he is a true BEAST at) since those will be positions of need next year.

I feel comfortable with him coming to Bama, not really worried one bit.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

If Marlon is worried about track, just one name for him....Kiranhi James!!!! this kid ran in the most recent olympics and dominated everyone in the 400 meters in college! But i highly doubt Marlon is worried about how great of a track program Bama or FSU has, plus track is more of an individual sport anyways.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

If Marlon is worried about track, just one name for him....Kiranhi James!!!! this kid ran in the most recent olympics and dominated everyone in the 400 meters in college! But i highly doubt Marlon is worried about how great of a track program Bama or FSU has, plus track is more of an individual sport anyways.
Great point..I read awhile back at just how much our Track Program has been improving & is comparble now to the other top Track Programs in the country..Did we hire a new Track Coach recently or is it the same Coach we've had???..And our facilities is top notch as well with all the upgrades our Athletic Department has provides for all our sports..

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

Great point..I read awhile back at just how much our Track Program has been improving & is comparble now to the other top Track Programs in the country..Did we hire a new Track Coach recently or is it the same Coach we've had???..And our facilities is top notch as well with all the upgrades our Athletic Department has provides for all our sports..
Yes we've got a new coach recently, i think this may be his 2nd year, possibly 3rd year. i can't think of his name right now and i'm too lazy to look it up at the moment LOL

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Saban and Smart reportedly heading to Hoover today. If they had time to see him, I'm sure they would talk to Marlon for a minute. BTW, Hoover plays Auburn this week in the state championship in BDS.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Saban and Smart reportedly heading to Hoover today. If they had time to see him, I'm sure they would talk to Marlon for a minute. BTW, Hoover plays Auburn this week in the state championship in BDS.
Can the Bama coaches be on the sidelines (or in the stadium) for these State Title games? We have a kid who is being recruited by CKS and I wondered if he would be at our game watching. We play at 11 on Friday. 4A Title Game.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Can the Bama coaches be on the sidelines (or in the stadium) for these State Title games? We have a kid who is being recruited by CKS and I wondered if he would be at our game watching. We play at 11 on Friday. 4A Title Game.
Yes. A few years ago Kirby was at one of the state championship games watching a recruit just like he would be at a regular season game.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett

Harvey Glance was the coach for years. He recruited and coached Kirani James, he still does actually. The new coach isn't doing that great of a job. He's destroyed the cross country program in order to try to improve the track program. About a decade ago Bama was runner up at indoor nationals and had some amazing guys.

The program really hasn't been doing all that great.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Lol...JIB bashes T&F too...and I thought you saved your negativity for CNS and the football program. Don't you have a game to get ready for in Atl? Roll Tide!!!

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

Lol...JIB bashes T&F too...and I thought you saved your negativity for CNS and the football program. Don't you have a game to get ready for in Atl? Roll Tide!!!
Does seem to be a pattern there. I noticed it a while back myself. :biggrin: :biga2:

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett

I was a member of the track team at the University of Alabama. I'm entitled to my opinion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.