*** CB Marlon Humphrey Signs With Alabama ***

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: Marlon Humphrey in the News in NC

I think it boils down what sport and how much Time you have devote to it, and make up of the player, Bo jackson did very well, and what he did with two totally different sports was great. It is possible!
Yep, and Bo didn't even like to practice lol

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Julio is also the most perfect physical specimen I believe I've ever seen, and on top of that, he works his butt off to get more and more awesome every single week. I honestly don't think there's a better receiver in the N.F.L.
Calvin Johnson?
Larry Fitzgerald?
Roddy White?

Julio isn't the best WR in the NFL. He's one of the best but not the best.

A lot of people would argue that but I see him a lot on television. He's pretty darn dominant and Atlanta became a whole lot better as soon as he arrived. Love me some Julio.
Because he caused defenses to take a defender off of White and Gonzalez. Easier for Ryan to distribute the ball when defenders aren't doubling White, Julio or Gonzalez.

Good person, dedicated, character, smart, great example for kids...the epitome of what Nick Saban strives to develop in a young man.
Do you personally know Julio? Otherwise, we can't say how dedicated or smart he is. Joe Paterno was a great example for plenty of people until it was revealed he covered up a child sex scandal. My point is - we shouldn't put athletes or coaches on pedestals unless we personally know them.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL

Kinda chippy on the board today...

Can't speculate on guys lining up together in the same backfield? Check.

Can't offer our opinion on guys like Julio? Check.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Kinda chippy on the board today...

Can't speculate on guys lining up together in the same backfield? Check.

Can't offer our opinion on guys like Julio? Check.
Sip gave his opinion, and I gave mine. That is all.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013

being rated as the #9 over all recruit does that as well :)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Calvin Johnson?
Larry Fitzgerald?
Roddy White?

Julio isn't the best WR in the NFL. He's one of the best but not the best.
I have to agree. To me there are none better than Calvin Johnson. He is just a freak of nature period.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
CB Marlon Humphrey Updates

Few threads floating around on this one, so let's merge and consolidate here.

Marlon has made it pretty clear that he is going to take his sweet time, but I think it is pretty clear where this one is headed. And given our issues at cornerback, Humphrey could be arguably the most important signee in this class. If he is as good as billed, he could easily see a true freshman role like Milliner did.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Re: CB Marlon Humphrey Updates

Few threads floating around on this one, so let's merge and consolidate here.

Marlon has made it pretty clear that he is going to take his sweet time, but I think it is pretty clear where this one is headed. And given our issues at cornerback, Humphrey could be arguably the most important signee in this class. If he is as good as billed, he could easily see a true freshman role like Milliner did.

he may see time as a freshman, and he is an amazing talent for sure... but I'd rather him have a year in the system to acclimate to the speed of the game...i remember milliners struggls his freshman season. he learned and developed from it, but it didnt help the team his first season. Corner is such a critical position, and not a simple position in Sabans Defense either.

Hopefully some of our current players, and we have several very talented options, will take the baton and humphrey can have a year to develop, acclimate o college, learn the system before being thrown into the fire.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

he may see time as a freshman, and he is an amazing talent for sure... but I'd rather him have a year in the system to acclimate to the speed of the game...i remember milliners struggls his freshman season. he learned and developed from it, but it didnt help the team his first season. Corner is such a critical position, and not a simple position in Sabans Defense either.

Hopefully some of our current players, and we have several very talented options, will take the baton and humphrey can have a year to develop, acclimate o college, learn the system before being thrown into the fire.
Marlon isn't going to wait a year. He'll play next season if he comes to Bama. Like Milliner and Kirkpatrick, he'll only be in college 3 years.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

he may see time as a freshman, and he is an amazing talent for sure... but I'd rather him have a year in the system to acclimate to the speed of the game...
I agree with you on that, but realistically I don't think depth chart considerations will allow it. With Belue and Fulton being seniors, and Sylve and Washington looking like they will never be ready for prime-time, he's going to be forced into action if he is anything near what he has been billed.

And if Cook doesn't qualify, things are going to get really hairy...

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Marlon isn't going to wait a year. He'll play next season if he comes to Bama. Like Milliner and Kirkpatrick, he'll only be in college 3 years.
I agree. Marlon is such a great athlete and is so fast you can't keep him off the field.

I saw on Fox6 last night that he went to a national track meet and easily won the 110m hurdle and 400m hurdle against other top national talent. The guy is a freak athletically and I think he will be all Bama come February (if not before).

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX

The thread says there is an update on the fourth page. What is the update? I am a blind squirrel looking for that nut!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

The thread says there is an update on the fourth page. What is the update? I am a blind squirrel looking for that nut!
Update is my post on page four, i.e. that Humphrey is going to take his time (and visits) before making any decision, but that it seems pretty clear that he will be signing with Alabama in the end.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.