*** CB Marlon Humphrey Signs With Alabama ***

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: *** CB Marlon Humphrey Commits to Alabama ***

I think getting this youngster along with Tony Brown may be the most important pick ups in Saban's tenure. We needed corners horrifically bad and we got maybe the two best in the country. Two five star corner backs---That's really just almost unbelievable.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

I think getting this youngster along with Tony Brown may be the most important pick ups in Saban's tenure. We needed corners horrifically bad and we got maybe the two best in the country. Two five star corner backs---That's really just almost unbelievable.
Yes other than the QB battle the CB position valley this spring and summer will be intense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hself206

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 16, 2009

Congrats Marlon. You gonna make the Tide nation proud and well as your dad.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Re: *****CB Marlon Humphrey Commits to Alabama*****

Very big shock here as to timing, though the ultimate result has been generally expected since Pruitt went to Athens.

Regardless of all of that, this is a very big pick-up on our end. Not sure how much Marlon will contribute in 2014, but given our continuing issues at cornerback, he was as close to a "must-get" recruit as you could likely find. Anyone who doesn't understand just how big of a get this is for our defense should probably go watch some film from the A&M, LSU, and Oklahoma games.
I would think that he and Brown will get into the rotation almost immediately, if for no other reason than to return the corner blitz to our regular arsenal.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

Just found out something interesting....FSU had offered Marlon's big brother the opportunity to run track at FSU....they were pulling out all the stops to get this one folks....and Coach Saban still got the job done RTR

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Huge catch getting him. In my opinion, he and Brown were probably the biggest can't miss prospects of the last decade for us, both in talent and position need. Hopefully both can stay focused and healthy for the next 3 years, and at that time they can go make a lot money and make way for the "next big thing." RTR!!!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Awesome pickup and good to hear Marlon will be in this class! Roll Tide Roll!!!

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

Since the last five star corner we signed has already been through the program and played a year in the NFL I really can't verbally express how happy I am to see Humphrey and Brown sign with us. I realize both these guys have a lot to learn but with some guys who showed flashes of ability (E Jackson, C Jones) and someone I believe might end up being good (M Smith) I think we have taken a massive step forward to fixing the secondary problems that haunted us last year. Still a lot of development to do but at least the "material" is there to work with.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Since the last five star corner we signed has already been through the program and played a year in the NFL I really can't verbally express how happy I am to see Humphrey and Brown sign with us. I realize both these guys have a lot to learn but with some guys who showed flashes of ability (E Jackson, C Jones) and someone I believe might end up being good (M Smith) I think we have taken a massive step forward to fixing the secondary problems that haunted us last year. Still a lot of development to do but at least the "material" is there to work with.
Yep, and if we can now just get some pressure off the edge and a little push up the middle at times.....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

@Marq_Burnett Alabama 5-star cornerback commit Marlon Humphrey on Fox6 says he and Tony Brown raced once and Brown beat him. So there's tha

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

He was interviewed by Rick Karle on Fox 6 tonight.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.