*** CB Marlon Humphrey Signs With Alabama ***

Trobinson97

All-SEC
Sep 4, 2008
Re: CB Marlon Humphrey Updates

AlexD said:
I just have a bad feeling that he does not come here.
That's great but I think we learned words mean nothing and it being so far away. I'm not saying I think he goes to another school, I just don't feel confident about him coming here. But I hope I am wrong haha
If you don't think he chooses BAMA, but don't think he chooses another school, what do you he think he will do, join the circus?

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

If you don't think he chooses BAMA, but don't think he chooses another school, what do you he think he will do, join the circus?
Sounds like he's implying that he fears Humphrey might concentrate on track. Not sure how you do that without going to another school though.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Sounds like he's implying that he fears Humphrey might concentrate on track. Not sure how you do that without going to another school though.
He'd go to Europe where the money's good and the drug testing's gooder. Then four years later after the Olympics he pulls a Jai Miller and comes back to play football for 'Bama. That's the fairy tale version. Truth is US track and field has been beset of late by bad news stemming from those drug tests and it'll probably be in a down cycle (as it's in every three of four years anyhow) and under more serious scrutiny for a while. But irrespective that, no way he passes on playing football and becoming a lock-down NFL corner instead an out-of-the-blocks hurdler and into the (temporary track and field) money. Odds at 25-1 and that's being kind to "professional" track and field.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

I am in the small group that worries about whether he'll end up in the class, but think I worry because he's such a good player and I hate being let down. Besides, I'm really, really good at worrying.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

I am in the small group that worries about whether he'll end up in the class, but think I worry because he's such a good player and I hate being let down. Besides, I'm really, really good at worrying.
This kid could be "Julio good". He has all the tools and if he lives up to the hype may be a top 10 guy in a future NFL draft.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

For the worriers, lets take a look at the facts.

Goes to Hoover High which is 45 mins from campus and Bama coaches have been regular visitors since Saban arrived.

I am sure he has close friends (boys and girls) that will be going to Bama.

Marlon has grown up saying Roll Tide his whole life

Marlon has grown up wearing Bama gear his whole life

Marlon has gone to Bama games his whole life

Marlon has heard his dad is a legend and one of the greatest RB's in Bama history his whole life

Marlon recently named Bama his leader.

I believe the biggest pessimist in the world would turn into an optimist with this much facts. Worry no more.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Those things were all true for his brother, but he signed with Arkansas. Not sure if we seriously recruited him.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama

Those things were all true for his brother, but he signed with Arkansas. Not sure if we seriously recruited him.
If memory serves, to the distress of many, we never offered. Madrecas is now at UAB after having his scholarship withdrawn at Arkansas.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

If memory serves, to the distress of many, we never offered. Madrecas is now at UAB after having his scholarship withdrawn at Arkansas.
He played for Arky for a year before getting kicked off for off the field issues. I used to know a cop in Hoover who said his issues were known to Hoover police. The issues may have been (a guess by me) why he wasn't offered by Saban.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama

He played for Arky for a year before getting kicked off for off the field issues. I used to know a cop in Hoover who said his issues were known to Hoover police. The issues may have been (a guess by me) why he wasn't offered by Saban.
You're correct on all accounts, I saw no reason to post the details on his leaving Arkansas.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: CB Marlon Humphrey Updates (Page 4)

This kid could be "Julio good". He has all the tools and if he lives up to the hype may be a top 10 guy in a future NFL draft.
Yep if people think Dre was hyped (and rightfully so) they haven't seen this kid yet. I think he can start at Bama from day one.

For the worriers, lets take a look at the facts.

Goes to Hoover High which is 45 mins from campus and Bama coaches have been regular visitors since Saban arrived.

I am sure he has close friends (boys and girls) that will be going to Bama.

Marlon has grown up saying Roll Tide his whole life

Marlon has grown up wearing Bama gear his whole life

Marlon has gone to Bama games his whole life

Marlon has heard his dad is a legend and one of the greatest RB's in Bama history his whole life

Marlon recently named Bama his leader.

I believe the biggest pessimist in the world would turn into an optimist with this much facts. Worry no more.
You hit it on the head.

We didn't seriously go after Maudrecus (who is at UAB playing football now)

IMHO he just was not good enough to ever play for us, but Marlon is on another level.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I don't think Madrecas was good enough to play at Bama either, at the time. However, I recall many on here saying the same things about Jameis Winston in his sophmore, junior, and early senior year at Hueytown. Everyone thought he was a lock for Bama. I think we know how that turned out. I don't claim to be an insider, I'm just saying there is always room for the unexpected. If he had to pick today, it would be Bama. Who knows what will happen between now and Feb.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I don't think Madrecas was good enough to play at Bama either, at the time. However, I recall many on here saying the same things about Jameis Winston in his sophmore, junior, and early senior year at Hueytown. Everyone thought he was a lock for Bama. I think we know how that turned out. I don't claim to be an insider, I'm just saying there is always room for the unexpected. If he had to pick today, it would be Bama. Who knows what will happen between now and Feb.
Very different circumstances. I don't recall anybody thinking he was a Bama lock and FSU was always prominently mentioned heavily (mostly due to their very good baseball program). The only school Marlon has been linked to is Bama.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Marlon Humphrey names Alabama his leader while on his visit to Florida State. They were the ones I was most worried about. I hope this quells the masses worried over his recruitment.

JayRock

3rd Team
Feb 10, 2004
hueytown, al, usa

I don't know how to link it correctly, but this is a tweet Marlon Humphrey sent that Cecil Hurt retweeted. Wonder what's got him saying this?

I feel like Alabama offer way to many people than what they suppose to...
5:29pm - 27 Jul 13

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

I don't know how to link it correctly, but this is a tweet Marlon Humphrey sent that Cecil Hurt retweeted. Wonder what's got him saying this?

I feel like Alabama offer way to many people than what they suppose to...
5:29pm - 27 Jul 13
Since when has there ever been a rule about how many recruits you can offer? (rhetorical question) Sounds like someone has gotten in his ear and is trying to plant some phony doubts in his mind. Either that, or he is getting nervous about how quickly our class is filling up since he wants to take his sweet time with his commitment.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Since when has there ever been a rule about how many recruits you can offer? (rhetorical question) Sounds like someone has gotten in his ear and is trying to plant some phony doubts in his mind. Either that, or he is getting nervous about how quickly our class is filling up since he wants to take his sweet time with his commitment.
He's got a spot no matter what though, so I don't see why he'd be bothered by how many are getting offers.

Also, unless the coaches are telling him, he doesn't know who's getting an "offer" and a "commitable offer," which is the real offer.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Lol....Marlon loves to troll on Twitter. He probably quoted an msu negative tactic

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.