*** CB Marlon Humphrey Signs With Alabama ***

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Re: CB Marlon Humphrey Updates (Page 4)

Lol....Marlon loves to troll on Twitter. He probably quoted an msu negative tactic
I agree. This is probably the pitch he's getting from some school(s). I seriously doubt Marlon knows/cares how many kids Bama offers... How many times has Bama finished #1 in the recruiting rankings again?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: CB Marlon Humphrey Updates (Page 4)

I sure hope Ole Miss and Hugh Freeze aren't giving out that pitch. How many kids did they offer last year? Over 300?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
CB Marlon Humphrey Updates

Just thought I would post this before we have a firestorm re: "crystal ball" projections on 247sports predicting him to FSU.

Marlon is legitimately considering FSU and it is mainly because of Pruitt. He already had the relationship from when he was here at Bama.

Of course, FSU does some negative recruiting and things are being said about CNS not keeping his word about track and they are playing up the Jaboo success (AL athlete at FSU).

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: CB Marlon Humphrey Updates

Yea but wouldn't he be smart enough to ask Dad about some of these rumors? I just don't see him leaving the state considering he could play here and play early.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

Just thought I would post this before we have a firestorm re: "crystal ball" projections on 247sports predicting him to FSU.

Marlon is legitimately considering FSU and it is mainly because of Pruitt. He already had the relationship from when he was here at Bama.

Of course, FSU does some negative recruiting and things are being said about CNS not keeping his word about track and they are playing up the Jaboo success (AL athlete at FSU).
Not the greatest news, but I appreciate the heads-up.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I believe I was told he burnt all his bridges within the first two weeks of being hired at FSU....
I remember that being the word because of his recruitment of Alabama commitments after being hired. Add the way he's moaned about not getting the promotions he felt he deserved, and he looks like an ungrateful piece of crap.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

I remember that being the word because of his recruitment of Alabama commitments after being hired. Add the way he's moaned about not getting the promotions he felt he deserved, and he looks like an ungrateful piece of crap.
But he had proven himself so well with regards to X's and O's...he completely reinvented our defense when he arrived!

megalurch69

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

You are crazy if you think Pruitt reinvented our defense. It was great before he got here and its going to be great when he leaves. Hopefully Humphrey will make the right choice. He has a great support system at home to help with that.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

You are crazy if you think Pruitt reinvented our defense. It was great before he got here and its going to be great when he leaves. Hopefully Humphrey will make the right choice. He has a great support system at home to help with that.
Dude get with the times, blue is the SARCASM font!

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

I thought it was still 96% to Bama... Maybe a couple of those guys are just trying to be different.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I also think the decision for Marlon will be between FSU and Bama. He may simply want to get out of town or not follow in his Dad's footsteps. I know his family loves Bama. He will be a superstar if he comes to Bama. Saban will let him run track in the winter and spring. Both schools have good track teams...FSU finished 9th and Bama finished 10th at the 2013 NCAA Outdoors. I am very hopeful Marlon comes to Bama.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

Methinks I should disregard the color code if my intentions remain obtuse even when blue...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Until I see otherwise, I'll consider him a lock for Alabama.

I understand the Winston situation, with respect to the SEC rules on baseball, and backing up AJ... but this is entirely different. Marlon isn't just from Alabama, his dad played for Alabama, and Saban's specialty is the secondary. I think he's enjoying the process, but going to Alabama is the right move for him to make in so many ways. Would he really want to go out of his way to play for a couple of Saban disciples when he could just play for Saban?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

18 year olds and "rationale" don't always go together....

I never said he was leaning FSU, I'm just saying he's entertaining them....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.