*** CB Marlon Humphrey Signs With Alabama ***

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Re: CB Marlon Humphrey Updates

18 year olds and "rationale" don't always go together....

I never said he was leaning FSU, I'm just saying he's entertaining them....
Well, do you think that if Alabama got commitments from both Ronnie Clark and Hootie Jones, that would impact his choice? I know Ronnie Clark could end up at linebacker, and Jones is a safety, but is it possible that would put a damper on his interest in Alabama, or vice versa?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Well, do you think that if Alabama got commitments from both Ronnie Clark and Hootie Jones, that would impact his choice? I know Ronnie Clark could end up at linebacker, and Jones is a safety, but is it possible that would put a damper on his interest in Alabama, or vice versa?
No, we aren't really recruiting any other true corners.

I also want to note that Humphrey is a Twitter-troll, so I expect to see lots of craziness leading up to the all-star game and his announcement.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

If he wants to move on to the NFL, can't think of a better coach than Coach Saban to get him there. I would suggest he call all the CB's now in the NFL recently from Alabama if he has any doubts.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

No. His dad has been a mainstay at games even after that. I'm pretty sure they understand that situation and army was his best .... at playing time.
I believe that he originally signed with Arkansas, and then transferred to UAB after he had some personal issues he had to work through.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

He is at UAB but did not play last week because he hasn't been cleared by the NCAA yet. Do not know why.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

If Marlon needed any more incentive to choose the Tide, he got it in the A&M game yesterday. He clearly saw how thin the DBs are and I suspect he would start as a freshman.

Bama Fish 86-9

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2010

I think that if you are a DB, and you are being recruited by the Tide, you should understand that your chances of starting early are very good. No need to look past us because of depth. Plus, with the HUNH offenses now, defenses are needing more DBs just to keep up.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Humphrey is good enough to contribute and possibly start from day one. Let's not forget we signed Jonathon Cook, Maurice Smith (played on ST already), and Eddie Jackon this past class. Fulton leaves after this season along with Belue. Marlon is more than needed - and welcomed - in Tuscaloosa.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I don't know if I could say he is needed, but definitely wanted. I doubt he starts at CB day one. I can see him getting meaningful snaps similar to Geno Smith last year. I expect Geno and Cyrus to probably get the initial nod next year. we are deep at CB with Sylve, Jabriel Washington, Eddie Jackson, Maurice Smith, Jonathon Cook behind Geno and Cyrus. But, Marlon I think is better than Dre when he came out of HS. Like it has been said before, with these up tempo offenses, we need more CB depth and more nickel and dime depth. Of course, who knows what will happen in the off season. Long way away though.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012

I expect that if MH can tackle and not afraid to stick his nose in the mix, he starts from day one. He is a better athlete than any other DB on the roster right now. We all know he is faster than ATM receiver Evens and his jumping ability would have taken away his height advantage. That's not taking a swipe at anybody on our roster now, just speaks to the ability of this young man, he's a special type of athlete.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

I hope we get him, but unless we have a rash of injuries at CB I doubt he starts as a true freshman.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.