*** CB Marlon Humphrey Signs With Alabama ***

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: CB Marlon Humphrey Updates (Page 15)

It's definitely a battle with FSU. I'm glad we get the later visit and I'm glad we have Tony. Tony running track and recruiting for us can help the negative talk coming out of Tallahassee

matt632001

Jan 6, 2014

Hope he rolls with the tide. Think we'll be seeing Bama play 3 CBs even more against teams like A&M going forward. Would be nice having Hump and Tony. Heck they would even be running track together.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NE...8665/15-sec-track-and-field-teams-ranked.aspx

Here is a link to a preseason poll for indoor track. It has our men's team ranked #24 in the country, one spot above LSU, Florida State is seventh and five other SEC teams are in the top 25. Arkansas is #1 and the barn is unranked.

While we aren't a national power, this does show we have respect and would not be a bad place for a person to run track.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NE...8665/15-sec-track-and-field-teams-ranked.aspx

Here is a link to a preseason poll for indoor track. It has our men's team ranked #24 in the country, one spot above LSU, Florida State is seventh and five other SEC teams are in the top 25. Arkansas is #1 and the barn is unranked.

While we aren't a national power, this does show we have respect and would not be a bad place for a person to run track.
I imagine that ranking could be higher Tony and Marlon on the team.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Is the track coach allowed to participate in recruiting someone like Humphrey who has publicly stated he wants to run track or is only the primary sport's coaches allowed to do so?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Idk why people are so worried. The odds are stacked heavily in Alabama's favor. Let him have his fun until he commits to the Tide. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A friend who is personal friends and does business with Bobby Humphrey told me he asked him about Marlon and the response was "He ain't stupid, he knows where home is..."

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

A friend who is personal friends and does business with Bobby Humphrey told me he asked him about Marlon and the response was "He ain't stupid, he knows where home is..."
That's why I think Marlon ends up at Bama and the FSU "noise" is nothing but that noise and a smokescreen. Even when Maudrecaus was playing at Arkansas, Bobby couldnt root against his school, and I think the influence of his family will in the end overrule anything else.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

Well, I am sick of the crap that I get daily from fsu friends about this one. They keep crowing that Marlon is coming to fsu. Bobby's son will play for Jimbo! I am so ready for it to be done.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Marlon's relationship with Jeremy Pruitt helped FSU. We'll see how that goes now that Pruitt is on his way to UGA (baring a last minute change).

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

Marlon's relationship with Jeremy Pruitt helped FSU. We'll see how that goes now that Pruitt is on his way to UGA (baring a last minute change).
Sounding more official. Got to like our chances now. @ajcuga: UGA expected to hire Florida State's Jeremy Pruitt as its new defensive coordinator: http://bit.ly/1eQJk3N

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Pruitt to Georgia is probably the best news we've gotten to date on Marlon Humphrey.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

This seems out of the blue. Does anyone else think that it is strange for Pruitt to go to UGA before he gets an upgrade offer from FSU?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

This seems out of the blue. Does anyone else think that it is strange for Pruitt to go to UGA before he gets an upgrade offer from FSU?
I think Pruitt understood that FSU was not giving him the kind of money that UGA was offering. Plus, while it's certainly more difficult to do, in terms of coaching reputation building a powerhouse defense in the SEC goes much further than doing the exact same thing in the ACC.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

@AndrewJBone Bobby Humphrey tells me that nothing has changed with Marlon Humphrey's interest in #FSU. Family is excited about trip to Tally this weekend

@AndrewJBone Five-star CB Marlon Humphrey (.@marlon_humphrey) to announce final decision on National Signing Day. #Alabama, #FSU, #MissSt, #UCLA.

@AndrewJBone Marlon Humphrey will not visit #UGA per his father for those wondering if Jeremy Pruitt could influence him.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.