*** CB Marlon Humphrey Signs With Alabama ***

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Re: CB Marlon Humphrey Updates

I've heard the F$U talk, but I would be very, very surprised to see Humphrey end up anywhere other than Alabama.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

I've heard the F$U talk, but I would be very, very surprised to see Humphrey end up anywhere other than Alabama.
That's what a lot of people said in the recruitment of Jameis Winston, and look where he is. (And yes i know he went to FSU for baseball) don't know what Marlon's deal is, it partially may just be that he is trolling everyone he can, but it sounds like he is pretty open at this point. I would love to see us get him, but I'm not holding my breath.

Florida state is a hip university right now with a lot of young talent. They have always recruited well, and that hasn't changed. They have a great history of sending big time corners into the NFL, so I'm sure that is a very attractive perk to him. FSU has also proven that they are fine with 2 sport athletes, and there is a decent chance that MH will run track in college as well.

He's an 18 yo kid who probably doesn't know what he wants out of life. He ultimately has to do what he thinks is best for his future. I would love to see the Humphrey legacy carried on at Alabama, but I will wish him well either way. No matter what, I have full faith that Saban will bring in the talent that we need to win whether that includes MH or now. Roll Tide!!

(Just my opinion though, and no inside knowledge included.)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

That's what a lot of people said in the recruitment of Jameis Winston, and look where he is. (And yes i know he went to FSU for baseball) ...
Not reaching the specifics of Marlon's recruitment, but I will state it bears no resemblance to Jameis Winston. As for Winston, a lot of the homers and sunshine pumpers pegged him for 'Bama, but it was pretty clear for a very long time to those who really followed his recruitment that he wasn't ending up at 'Bama. The opposite is true with Marlon.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

IMO, I have a better chance at dating Kate Upton than FSU being able to pull Marlon from Saban's back yard. It would be a coup for FSU, I just don't see it happening, especially when FSU does their normal hiccup at some point this year.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006

Lot more to JW than wanting to play two sports. Other obstacles were there, including not playing this year.[/QUOT

You also had Dameyune Craig playing the heck out of the race card when it comes to Alabama, telling Winston and his family that we're all a bunch of Klan members in Tuscaloosa. Of course, that's Bull but the funny thing is, they're incredibly racist in Auburn where Craig is now.

Lot more to JW than wanting to play two sports. Other obstacles were there, including not playing this year.[/QUOT

You also had Dameyune Craig playing the heck out of the race card when it comes to Alabama, telling Winston and his family that we're all a bunch of Klan members in Tuscaloosa. Of course, that's Bull but the funny thing is, they're incredibly racist in Auburn where Craig is now.
Let's try not to put race in it even when we know the deal.

I really don't know Craig but his tactics are not up to par. That's what I don't like. Let them keep doing that and we'll keep beating them down.

Sent from my iPhone

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Marlon and Jaboo's recruitment by Florida State are different for a few reasons:

1. Jaboo could play minor league baseball at Florida State but not at Bama.
2. Craig used race against Bama. He's not at Florida State anymore and couldn't use it with Marlon if tried.
3. Marlon likes FSU because of Jeremy Pruitt. He has the relationship from JP's time at Bama and probably some from his time at Hoover.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Marlon tweeted a picture of a recruitment "letter" from Mittittippi State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I imagine that approach might gain traction with some players. I think, however, that that program is a sinking ship.

N AL Tider

1st Team
Jun 18, 2007
Sweet Home AL

@AndrewJBone: Hoover LB Darrell Williams and DE Christian Bell to visit #Alabama tomorrow. Marlon Humphrey said he will decide tomorrow.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Gotta say after watching EJ today, would love to see him team up with Marlon next year as Belue will be off to the NFL most likely. I truly believe Marlon is just that good and will be able to start right away as he is a smart young man who will pick up on the D without too much trouble. A great CB during the football season and a huge pick up for the track team which seems to be improving.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.