*** CB Marlon Humphrey Signs With Alabama ***

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: CB Marlon Humphrey Updates (Page 15)

I would love to get both Tabor and Humphrey, but as long as we get just one of them I'll be happy.
im thinking we get both. At least that's what everyone is predicting right now, but things always change in recruiting.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Just saw Marlon break his own meet record in the 400 at the Crossplex in Bham .

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

Hey guys, been following this board for many years and finally decided a few days ago to become a member, decided this would be the right thread to make my first post. Anyway, there is alot of noise in Birmingham that Humphrey will go to FSU but I think it is just that "noise". I believe with him being a legacy, growing up a Bama fan, and dont think that us getting Tony Brown wasnt huge in his recruitment because it was. It shows him that a big time athlete will be on his track team member not just his football team. He has also stated though that track will not be a huge factor in his decision and I think that bodes well for the home team because is the better football program (even though not by that large of a margin) and its a school he is familiar with.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Hey guys, been following this board for many years and finally decided a few days ago to become a member, decided this would be the right thread to make my first post. Anyway, there is alot of noise in Birmingham that Humphrey will go to FSU but I think it is just that "noise". I believe with him being a legacy, growing up a Bama fan, and dont think that us getting Tony Brown wasnt huge in his recruitment because it was. It shows him that a big time athlete will be on his track team member not just his football team. He has also stated though that track will not be a huge factor in his decision and I think that bodes well for the home team because is the better football program (even though not by that large of a margin) and its a school he is familiar with.

Hope you are right. I do think Tony Brown committing and being a big track guy helped as well. I hope he isn't afraid of competition.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

Yes, I was extremely happy when we landed Tony not just because he is a great player but because how his commitment would influence Marlon. Marlon has also stated that track willl play a role but will not be that big of a factor at all because he views FSU and Bama's track programs in similar light, which IMO bodes well for BAMA

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010

it would be a surprise to me if mr. humphrey chooses fla st over bama. of course being a legacy could create pressure for him to follow in his fathers footsteps. however, surely he knows he could probably start now at bama. and tony brown in the mix for the other. we have a couple of good ones in eddie jackson and harris available, i just wish they had their feet wet sooner and more often this past season. we were so bad at corner, it didnt make any difference who was in there.

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA
it would be a surprise to me if mr. humphrey chooses fla st over bama. of course being a legacy could create pressure for him to follow in his fathers footsteps. however, surely he knows he could probably start now at bama. and tony brown in the mix for the other. we have a couple of good ones in eddie jackson and harris available, i just wish they had their feet wet sooner and more often this past season. we were so bad at corner, it didnt make any difference who was in there.
Who is Harris?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I don't think the issue of him being a legacy will be that big a problem for him if he does come here. If he were a running back, it might be a problem since we'd be directly comparing their stats.

Wherever he goes, I wish him well. (Except for when he plays us).

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Guess I'm stating the obvious here, but I think it's readily apparent just how badly we need this kid.

I'm loathe to make such a statement, but I'm afraid we need him a lot more than he needs us.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A

Guess I'm stating the obvious here, but I think it's readily apparent just how badly we need this kid.

I'm loathe to make such a statement, but I'm afraid we need him a lot more than he needs us.
As I sat in the Sugar Bowl, particularly watching those boundary passes over DBs' heads, I yelled at CNS to please let this kid run track and any other sport he wants for that matter! Maybe he heard me.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

As I sat in the Sugar Bowl, particularly watching those boundary passes over DBs' heads, I yelled at CNS to please let this kid run track and any other sport he wants for that matter! Maybe he heard me.
Remember, Dee Milliner looked bad at times as a freshman....I'm not sure Marlon is as good of a CB as Dee was coming out of HS. regardless, we need him long term....

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

RTO and/or BET, at this point, what do you think our chances are of getting MH?
My expectation is that in all likelihood he signs with Alabama, but it wouldn't come as a real surprise if he ended up in Tallahassee.

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL

I have contact with a couple people here in Tallahassee that usually have accurate info as far as FSU recruiting goes. Both feel they have a slight lead for Marlon as of right now. He could end up at Alabama, but people need to realize that FSU is a real threat for landing him.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I have contact with a couple people here in Tallahassee that usually have accurate info as far as FSU recruiting goes. Both feel they have a slight lead for Marlon as of right now. He could end up at Alabama, but people need to realize that FSU is a real threat for landing him.
In the last recruiting update I did, I noted Marlon had a better relationship with FSU track coaches. It would not surprise me in the slightest to see him at FSU.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Remember, Dee Milliner looked bad at times as a freshman....I'm not sure Marlon is as good of a CB as Dee was coming out of HS. regardless, we need him long term....
I remember, seems like every time I saw Millner he was getting beat on a pass play. He turned out pretty good though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.