News Article: Vanderbilt dismisses four players

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Wow. That was a quick release.
This might have something to do with the quick release:

Four Vanderbilt football players have been suspended amid a sex crimes investigation by Metro police.

Metro police Friday afternoon were keeping a tight lid on details of the incident.

“I can confirm that the Metropolitan Police Department’s Sex Crimes Unit began an investigation on Wednesday in regard to a matter that was alleged to have occurred at a Vanderbilt University dormitory,” said Don Aaron, spokesman for Metro police. “Our sex crimes detectives became involved as the result of a notification to us on Wednesday from Vanderbilt University police. The investigation remains very much in progress.”
The fact that the players were suspended from the school, not just the team, lends some credence to the story.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Cant be a big-time football program unless you have a few renegade players. Vandy, welcome to the big-time...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This might have something to do with the quick release:

The fact that the players were suspended from the school, not just the team, lends some credence to the story.
I read about their suspensions yesterday. I meant it was a quick suspension to dismissed time frame.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@slmandel

Vanderbilt releases names of the four recently dismissed players: Brandon Banks, Cory Batey, Jaborian “Tip” McKenzie and Brandon Vandenburg.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Kudos to Coach Franklin and Vanderbilt University for addressing the ordeal and not ignoring deviant behavior, if that is indeed what has happened.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Wow. How difficult is a Google search for those at Alcorn State?
If I were a coach and someone wanted to transfer, I'd call his old coach to see what he had to say about him. I undertsand in many cases there may be privacy issues about why someone is off the team, but Franklin would have been able to tell him about this.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Attorneys for one of the four arrested players filed a motion for the case to be dismissed because evidence is gone and James Franklin talked to the victim. Link

The filing also includes a new allegation about interactions between the alleged victim and former head football coach James Franklin and former director of performance enhancement Dwight Galt — both now at Penn State University.

Referring to records, the attorneys said the victim was contacted by Franklin and Galt during a medical examination four days after the rape to explain "that they cared about her because she assisted them with recruiting."

It went on to say that at some point, "Coach Franklin called her in for a private meeting and told her he wanted her to get fifteen pretty girls together and form a team to assist with the recruiting even though he knew it was against the rules. He added that all the other colleges did it."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.