Sooner or Later: Auburn Will Be Competing for NCs. (ITAT)

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
Really, another thread about them. Come on guys surely we are better than this. Every day I log on here and it's getting a little crazy, I know it's the off season and all. I guess I'm saying can we talk about hats or names on the back or not...

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Sooner or Later: Auburn Will Be Competing for NCs.
Well, technically this is probably correct. If you define "competing for a NC" as being in the discussion in mid to late November, they're generally in that position once every 15-20 years, historically speaking. If you define it as "Playing a bowl/championship game with a chance to be NC if they win", they manage that about once every 25-30 years.

Thinking that they're going to be doing it anytime in the next 5 years is wishful thinking. Next year or the year after is beyond delusional.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Really, another thread about them. Come on guys surely we are better than this. Every day I log on here and it's getting a little crazy, I know it's the off season and all. I guess I'm saying can we talk about hats or names on the back or not...
No one ask you to click on these threads.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It's the off season. Earl did it and I will do it as well. Don't like it, don't click it.
Bama fans comment on Auburn's little brother syndrome. These continuous threads fit that syndrome.

If Auburn fans want to live in a fantasy world, let them. I'm tired of getting on this site and only seeing threads about Auburn as the ones with recent posts. Threads about Cyrus' surgery or incoming freshmen's numbers go unnoticed while a thread about the postings on ITAT go for days.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Bama fans comment on Auburn's little brother syndrome. These continuous threads fit that syndrome.

If Auburn fans want to live in a fantasy world, let them. I'm tired of getting on this site and only seeing threads about Auburn as the ones with recent posts. Threads about Cyrus' surgery or incoming freshmen's numbers go unnoticed while a thread about the postings on ITAT go for days.
So if a thread on ITAT goes on for days as you stated, doesn't tell you something about the level of interest by certain posters on this board??

Last edited:

the old coach

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 21, 2010
If by "competing for national championships" you mean being mentioned as being in the hunt and playing a game for all the marbles, this has happened once in the over 100 years that the barn has been in existence.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I would like to see a strong Alburn team competing for NC's, then I would like to see Bama spank their butts in the Iron Bowl every year. A strong Aubarn means a stronger SEC and a stronger strength of schedule for Bama.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I would like to see a strong Alburn team competing for NC's, then I would like to see Bama spank their butts in the Iron Bowl every year. A strong Aubarn means a stronger SEC and a stronger strength of schedule for Bama.
Right now, we're padding their SOS...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
After what we had to endure from auburn & their fans during our NCAA sanction years..I hope they lose every single game they play..It wouldn't hurt my feeling in the least bit..If the NCAA ever shuts their football program down..For all the cheating they're allowed to get away with..That's just me though..

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
After what we had to endure from auburn & their fans during our NCAA sanction years..I hope they lose every single game they play..It wouldn't hurt my feeling in the least bit..If the NCAA ever shuts their football program down..For all the cheating they're allowed to get away with..That's just me though..
No, it's not just you...

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
I concur, every single game... :) RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.