Kirby Smart the Snake Killer

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Yikes! That's a big snake. What kind is it?

I'm of the school that thinks there are no good snakes.
It's a Rattler, isn't it?

And there are LOTS of good snakes. In fact, there are only 4 poisonous varieties in the state of Alabama, IIRC (Rattlesnake, Copperhead, Cottonmouth, and Coral snake (in the deep south))...

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
It's a Rattler, isn't it?

And there are LOTS of good snakes. In fact, there are only 4 poisonous varieties in the state of Alabama, IIRC (Rattlesnake, Copperhead, Cottonmouth, and Coral snake (in the deep south))...
You're right...there are lots of good snakes. All the dead ones are good ones.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
That's the attitude I like in a Defensive guy. For all we know, Kirby may have called a blitz, and beat it to death with his Flip Flops.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's hard to see if the head is like that of a poisonous snake. Doesn't appear to be a rattler. I'd guess it's a huge cotton mouth!

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
I'm not a snake expert, but the common denominators of poisonous snakes are large heads and blunt tails. The long tail and the apparent nearby water in the picture makes me think it is a water snake.
But as someone pointed out they all look like cotton mouthed diamond back water rattlers.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
I'm not a snake expert, but the common denominators of poisonous snakes are large heads and blunt tails. The long tail and the apparent nearby water in the picture makes me think it is a water snake.
But as someone pointed out they all look like cotton mouthed diamond back water rattlers.
Water Snakes can be large, fat and surly like a lot of people I know. :) Cottonmouths lose their coloration with age.

My guess is that Kirby killed something fairly harmless . . . similar to ND's offense.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Man, I hate snakes. In fact, I just ran over a fairly large snake on a backcountry road today. It wasn't a rattler but he was probably five or 6 feet. Those things just give me the heebie-jeebies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.