*** OG Montel McBride Commits to Alabama ***

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
This looks like a nice pickup. He's been praised in camp performances.

@AndrewJBone 56s
Montel McBride, three-star OG from Plant City HS in Fla., commits to #Alabama. McBride has been a top priority recruit since offered in June

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Florida OG Montrel McBride commits to Alabama

Only a 3*..Coach Saban is slipping I tell ya(G)..J/K..Awesome pickup..If he was a top priority to our coaching staff..That's all I need to know..Plus..He looks great in a Bama cap..Big 'ole boy..Coach Cristobal is tearing it up on the recruiting trail..Could be in the running for recruiter of the year..

Last edited:

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

Welcome! RTR! This came out of left field, didn't it?

Rocknrolltide

1st Team
Aug 15, 2007
Foley, AL

With the quality of athletes at "The Opening" this year getting a commit from one in that group isn't a bad thing.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

Great to have you on board, Montel! RTR! That's recruits from ten states now.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Only a 3*..Coach Saban is slipping I tell ya(G)..J/K..Awesome pickup..If he was a top priority to our coaching staff..That's all I need to know..Plus..He looks great in a Bama cap..Big 'ole boy..Coach Cristobal is tearing it up on the recruiting trail..Could be in the running for recruiter of the year..

If he's a three entering his senior year that will most certainly equate to a four star by the end of the season. That's a quality guard.
I don't ever recall seeing a five star rating for a guard. Warmack was a three I believe and he did ok :)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

If he's a three entering his senior year that will most certainly equate to a four star by the end of the season. That's a quality guard.
I don't ever recall seeing a five star rating for a guard. Warmack was a three I believe and he did ok :)
You would be correct on Warmack Sip and like some have said, if Coach feels he is a priority I'm extremely happy to have him. Roll Tide Montel.

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005

This guy could play on O or D. He has a very good motor. Won't be surprised if he gets bumped to a 4 star.

narddogg81

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 18, 2012

This guy could play on O or D. He has a very good motor. Won't be surprised if he gets bumped to a 4 star.
i fully expect this guy, hasselhoff, dwight, and smith all to be reevaluated to 4 stars before signing day. pretty much all out current 3 stars besides the kicker and the tag along safety

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN

6'4" and 332 lbs. We are going to have to sign a qb that is 8 foot tall to see over the beef we have on our line. Wow!!!! Just wait until he gets to the SC program and lets his body mature a little bit. This is the kind of pick up that really makes me smile. Welcome aboard!!!!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I was being sarcastic in my earlier post..This is a great pickup for us..He looks a lot like Warmack coming out of high school..That's a really good comparison..I don't care what stars these kids are..If they earn an scholly offer from Coach Saban during our camps..That player is one of the best players in the country..

Trobinson97

All-SEC
Sep 4, 2008

6'4" and 332 lbs. We are going to have to sign a qb that is 8 foot tall to see over the beef we have on our line. Wow!!!! Just wait until he gets to the SC program and lets his body mature a little bit. This is the kind of pick up that really makes me smile. Welcome aboard!!!!
David Cornwell: 6'5" 241lbs. Hell the kid's still growing, he might squeeze out another inch or two.:cool2:

:BigA:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Re: Florida OG Montel McBride commits to Alabama

24/7 did a list of the top 10 o line performers from the opening. 3 of them are committed to bama Montel is one of them

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

We offered McBride about a month ago, and he has been very high on us ever since. Guess anything could happen between now and NSD, but when you hear kids talking as highly of a school as he has us, you usually don't have to think twice about any possible defections.

Big kid, great frame, and very strong to boot. He needs to tone up a bit in T'town, but that shouldn't be much of an issue. Excited about the pick-up, the staff had been after him pretty hard for a while now.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Didn't see this one coming at all, but he looks to be a solid pickup. Including Cameron Robinson, how many more O-linemen is our staff prepared to take?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.