Link: Watch David Cornwell & Other Recruits Tonight On ESPNU Live From Beaverton, Oregon...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Watch David Cornwell & Other Recruits Tonight On ESPNU Live From Beaverton, Oregon...

"The Opening" comes on tonight at 8pm on ESPNU..It's somekind of skills competition for recruits..It gives us a glimpse of the future of Bama Football..Cause Bama will be well represented in the live competition..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Re: Watch David Cornwell & Other Recruits Tonight On ESPNU Live From Beaverton, Orego

I just get the feeling Cornwell is being held to some very high standard because he's committed to Alabama. Since he did not make the final Elite Eleven, his talent is being questioned. Of course, Keller Chryst didn't either and there's been very little said about that.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Re: Watch David Cornwell & Other Recruits Tonight On ESPNU Live From Beaverton, Orego

I just get the feeling Cornwell is being held to some very high standard because he's committed to Alabama. Since he did not make the final Elite Eleven, his talent is being questioned. Of course, Keller Chryst didn't either and there's been very little said about that.
Good point. But there are others here who believe Cornwell could compete for a starting job as a true freshman. The criticism and the expectations are unfair at this point.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Following things on Twitter, I've seen some ridiculous comments. People asking how Cornwell or other top rated QBs got their ranking with their performance at Elite 11. Other folks replying with the rankings don't revolve around certain drills and 7-on-7 games from one weekend.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

Phillip Sims and Star Jackson did well at these Elite 11 and 7 on 7 competitions, how did they turn out?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

The criticism of David Cornwell at the Opening is being led by Super Star QB (tongue in cheek), Trent Dilfer. (rolls eyes) Trent is no expert and I do not see why ESPN continues to use him for college football analysis.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

The criticism of David Cornwell at the Opening is being led by Super Star QB (tongue in cheek), Trent Dilfer. (rolls eyes) Trent is no expert and I do not see why ESPN continues to use him for college football analysis.
How is Trent no expert? Because he wasn't a GREAT NFL QB? CNS is an expert on cornerbacks, and never played in the NFL... You can't discount someone's opinion because of a mediocre career a the HIGHEST LEVEL OF ORGANIZED SPORTS. I watched a lot of the Elite 11, and what he said about Cornwell was spot on. Cornwell has all the physical measurables, and when he is on he is just "Wow" good. He isn't consistent though. The same can be said of a ton of HS QB's when they compete in camps like this. Dilfer never spoke harshly against Cornwell, he just relayed what he saw. Which was correct. That has no bearing on how good he will be in the future...

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

He isn't consistent though. The same can be said of a ton of HS QB's when they compete in camps like this.
I agree. At that age, with the limited experience they have, consistent is a very tall order.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I agree. At that age, with the limited experience they have, consistent is a very tall order.
What most people don't realize is that most of these guys (especially QB's) are in for a shock when they hit the circuit and start throwing against top rated safeties and corners for the first time. Even at the highest levels of competition for these guys (larger Florida, Georgia, Texas or California classifications for one) they don't see the overall caliber of talent that the suddenly have to throw against. Being half a tick off goes from being a late ball caught, to a tipped pass, to now a pick... The only other position aside from QB that has such an eye opening experience would be linemen. Other offensive or defensive skill players (WR, RB, CB, S, LB) tend to do better in camps because they have to play their position, and use their ability...while QB's rely on so much more then just "I have a strong arm".

It's not a knock on any kid to be inconsistent as a rising JR. It is what it is.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

How is Trent no expert? Because he wasn't a GREAT NFL QB? CNS is an expert on cornerbacks, and never played in the NFL... You can't discount someone's opinion because of a mediocre career a the HIGHEST LEVEL OF ORGANIZED SPORTS. I watched a lot of the Elite 11, and what he said about Cornwell was spot on. Cornwell has all the physical measurables, and when he is on he is just "Wow" good. He isn't consistent though. The same can be said of a ton of HS QB's when they compete in camps like this. Dilfer never spoke harshly against Cornwell, he just relayed what he saw. Which was correct. That has no bearing on how good he will be in the future...
Dilfer knows his stuff but he's also very biased towards QBs with similar skillset to his own. He's often unjustly critical of larger pocket passers.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Dilfer knows his stuff but he's also very biased towards QBs with similar skillset to his own. He's often unjustly critical of larger pocket passers.
Because at 6'4" 245 lbs, Dilfer is a small mobile guy? ;)

nardobama5

Scout Team
Sep 22, 2009
I completely agree it amazes me that if someone says something not good about one of our guys they have to be an idiot of some sort...Cornwell is awesome but of course he has flaws he is still in high school people and please do not bring up his highlights yes they are great but their his highlights rtr

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

I wasn't basing it only on his NFL career. Where did I say that? I am basing on watching him on ESPN and seeing his analysis. You should never assume anything.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

This has been my perception of him for years. I agree totally.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.