Link: Sideline Reporters During Practice & The Risk They Present

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I think sideline reporters should be banned from doing interviews during live practices(male & female alike)..It can be really dangerous for all involved..Especially the Players..There's nothing that's so important..That it can't wait until the players get done with drills after practice..She was in "Harms Way" of not only herself..But..It puts the Players at an unneeded risk of seriously injuring themselves when they collide with these reporters or injury themselves from trying to avoid these reporters..There's a lot at stake for these Player..It would be a shame if a Player blows out a knee of something else really serious from a collision or when they move awkwardly trying to avoid a collision..What say you..Hey..It's The Offseason & I'm Bored..LOL

Here's The Link To The Video..CLICK ME

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
That's just crazy. If they are going to do this then a look out should be placed behind them. I don't think it will ever stop but it could be safer.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If we expect this go away, we better expect anyone not associated with a team (coaches, players, trainers and managers) to be off the sideline.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I've always found them to be ridiculous, even during games. I hate it when they chase down the coaches at halftime or the end of the game. But that's just me.
Me too!! Like Coach Kelly at the BCSNCG. " Coach you're getting annihilated, crushed, stomped. Run out of the stadium!! What kind of adjustments will you make in the second half to get back in the game?" I would have to slap somebody. I guess those appearance are all mandated by the powers that be.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I think sideline reporters should be banned from doing interviews during live practices(male & female alike)..It can be really dangerous for all involved..Especially the Players..There's nothing that's so important..That it can't wait until the players get done with drills after practice..She was in "Harms Way" of not only herself..But..It puts the Players at an unneeded risk of seriously injuring themselves when they collide with these reporters or injury themselves from trying to avoid these reporters..There's a lot at stake for these Player..It would be a shame if a Player blows out a knee of something else really serious from a collision or when they move awkwardly trying to avoid a collision..What say you..Hey..It's The Offseason & I'm Bored..LOL

Man, I enjoy most of the links and videos you post but, my goodness, the text of your posts is almost literally painful to read! :biggrin2:

[ Yeah, I'm wearing my 'Grammar Police' badge today. ;) ]

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Before you want them gone, think about it. Without a sideline reporter, we would never have known that we needed to stop the little inside trap.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Man, I enjoy most of the links and videos you post but, my goodness, the text of your posts is almost literally painful to read! :biggrin2:
To be fair, there are probably very few of us who read every word in your 8+ paragraph posts. :)

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
If we expect this go away, we better expect anyone not associated with a team (coaches, players, trainers and managers) to be off the sideline.
and they should be. Even recruits shouldn't be on the sideline. There's no reason anyone except the staff and players and TV support and field support/security should EVER be on any field during game time. Anyone that saw the A-day game can attest to the near disaster that happened with Shaw's father, and there aremany other incidents, as you all know about. Too risky for something that is dumb to begin with.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Much ado about nothing. It's just practice, if they had enough sense to have a spotter to warn them it would be a non-issue.

I'd much rather they stop coach interviews as they go into the halftime locker rooms. Talk about useless...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.