2014 Recruiting: DE Lorenzo Carter Updates

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
What's the rumor going around about Carter? Jc shurburtt tweeted about a rumor and him talking with coach Saban. Just wondering if anyone had any details?
No clue as to what info Shurburtt claims to have, but regardless of that Lorenzo Carter isn't expected to announce any time soon, so I wouldn't be too concerned. Wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the NSD announcements.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
What does Hand's commitment do here? I see a lot of people quickly jumping on the Georgia band wagon.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
My son's team played against Carter tonight in the playoffs. Wow, right away I'm like this guy is a man among boys. He really caught everyone's eye right away. He got double-teamed some, but he didn't really make an impact. He caused a fumble, so I'll give him credit for that. He'd definitely have to work with Coach Cochran and Amy Bragg. Needs some bulk.

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004
I have to admit, its not the first time I've heard of underwhelming game observations. I'll just leave it at that.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I was at the Gwinnett County TD Club awards banquet with my son last night. Guess who got Athlete of the Year? No, not my son. ;) Obviously Lorenzo has had a fantastic season, so I guess I just didn't get to see his worth that one night in person. I assume he's still a UGA lean, but the guy is a monster. I'm sure Cochran would have a field day working with him.

After the banquet I was going to try to meet Lorenzo and throw in a Roll Tide and see you on the charter flights if you sign with Alabama, but my son was horrified. Begged me, please mom don't go do that. Kids.

I can't brag on my son for his football talents, but he did receive a scholar-athlete award and had the top ACT and SAT of all the Gwinnett scholar athletes. So Roll Tide. :)

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
I was at the Gwinnett County TD Club awards banquet with my son last night. Guess who got Athlete of the Year? No, not my son. ;) Obviously Lorenzo has had a fantastic season, so I guess I just didn't get to see his worth that one night in person. I assume he's still a UGA lean, but the guy is a monster. I'm sure Cochran would have a field day working with him.

After the banquet I was going to try to meet Lorenzo and throw in a Roll Tide and see you on the charter flights if you sign with Alabama, but my son was horrified. Begged me, please mom don't go do that. Kids.

I can't brag on my son for his football talents, but he did receive a scholar-athlete award and had the top ACT and SAT of all the Gwinnett scholar athletes. So Roll Tide. :)
Fantastic accomplishments!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.