2014 Recruiting: DE Lorenzo Carter Updates

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
He needs his own thread... Someone in another thread said UF was his new leader, but Carter himself said Alabama was in the lead..

Jeremy Crabtree from ESPN wrote the following:
Carter said he was getting sick of the recruiting game on Tuesday and wanted to take a step back from the attention. But then he announced Alabama as his new leader on Wednesday, causing the attention to snowball even more. Carter has had Bama and UGA in the lead for quite some time, and the two will likely hold their spots unless somebody else can come along and impress him during the fall. Carter still has a lot of visits to take and is nowhere near a decision at this point.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Pretty obvious this is a kid who has no real idea of what he wants to do at this juncture. Within the past two weeks, he first wanted to step back from the recruiting scene, then named 'Bama his leader, and now it looks like Florida might be out front. I think it's safe to say his mind changes every other hour at this point.

Very talented kid, though, and we'll keep going after him for a while. From the looks of things, though, he's going to be one who only goes on NSD.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
With social media going 24/7 I would think it impossible to step back to evaluate which school he really wants to attend. Of course, if he dumped tweeting, FB, the internet, and got rid of his phone and television, maybe he could have peace and quiet. However, how many high schoolers do you know who would be willing to give up even their cell phone.

Rocknrolltide

1st Team
Aug 15, 2007
Foley, AL
With social media going 24/7 I would think it impossible to step back to evaluate which school he really wants to attend. Of course, if he dumped tweeting, FB, the internet, and got rid of his phone and television, maybe he could have peace and quiet. However, how many high schoolers do you know who would be willing to give up even their cell phone.
Probably as many as adults would.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I know what you mean but there are plenty of high profile recruits who have relatively non exciting recruitments. They have to participate in it or the hoopla doesn't get created.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
He is not an instant impact recruit IMO. Needs year or two to develop.
I think he could be an instant impact recruit in the right position. He could make an impact at Jack LB but with Jonathan Allen already on campus that may not be a huge need so UA could develop him and size him up to be a dangerous DE which like you said would take a year or two.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
From what I've heard/read, he's a huge Bama lean. I'm not sure how accurate the predictions on 247 have been in the past, but 40/43 contributors predict that he'll wind up in Tuscaloosa.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
From what I've heard/read, he's a huge Bama lean. I'm not sure how accurate the predictions on 247 have been in the past, but 40/43 contributors predict that he'll wind up in Tuscaloosa.
247 staff are among the best in the business. If they say Bama is " in pretty good shape" , they know what they are talking about. But recruiting is very fluid, with that said, the 247 staff are right more often than wrong.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Per BOL, unfortunately Carter will not be able to make the weekend trip. According to sources, his coaches are not able to accompany him on the trip. There were other conflicting reports that his HS coaches could not reach the Bama staff for the unofficial visit. The latter seems very unlikely. It now appears that his next visit will be the official one.

Last edited:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
247 staff are among the best in the business. If they say Bama is " in pretty good shape" , they know what they are talking about. But recruiting is very fluid, with that said, the 247 staff are right more often than wrong.
Recruiting is fluid, but...
I'd rather have 40 out of 43 saying the tide than 40 out of 43 saying someone else...

This is very encouraging.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I did not have time to watch the video but the comments in the article were disappointing considering I thought we were leading.
The video seemed to indicate that he really doesn't have a true leader. UF, UGA and Bama were pretty much equally at the top. Slight edge to UF maybe but he said if Raekwon McMillian went to either of the three it would probably seal the deal where he went.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.