Link: Why Ohio State will end the SEC's reign of terror...

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
While a better team, I believe Oregon has a more difficult schedule. tOSU has a cupcake schedule. It will be tOSU in the championship game, but they won't beat the SEC.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Does it say it is because Urban Meyer will keep violent criminals on his team if he thinks it will help them win?

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
The thing I don't understand is Saban waxed Meyer in 2009 and 2010, yet Meyer is somehow now the better coach? He had insane talent at UF too but we handled them pretty easily once we figured out their system. It's not like OSU runs HUNH, it's just the spread. We have proven time and time again to be more than capable of handling his system.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Why would OSU be more prepared than Notre Dame? The Irish practically play a half-B1G schedule with a few Big East teams. The difference: at least Notre Dame played and beat two PAC-12 teams. In my opinion the PAC-12 is the second best conference in the nation and the Big Ten has been as close to beating that conference in a big game as the SEC lately.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The thing I don't understand is Saban waxed Meyer in 2009 and 2010, yet Meyer is somehow now the better coach? He had insane talent at UF too but we handled them pretty easily once we figured out their system. It's not like OSU runs HUNH, it's just the spread. We have proven time and time again to be more than capable of handling his system.
There is a way around that of course, look at Ohio State last year. Undefeated... yet most people know that they would likely have lost to Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Texas A&M, etc... I mean seriously, look at how they played.

For instance, they beat Michigan by 5, at home. Michigan was absolutely demolished by Alabama. Yet, Alabama had one loss, and Ohio St. was undefeated. They beat Michigan St. by a single point, Notre Dame beats them 20-3. I could go on, but they played a really weak schedule, didn't look good doing it, yet most people concede that had they been ineligible, they would have likely been in the championship game instead of the SEC.

So, that's the reality of the situation. They have a cakewalk, the SEC faces a brutal schedule, and it doesn't really matter if the SEC teams are better or not. It's like Boise State, except more people will vote for Ohio State because of who they are.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
2013 doesn't get much better in terms of strength of schedule. In fact, it is basically the same schedule but with the expectation that Cal will be no better or worse, Penn State will start feeling the sanctions bite, and Wisconsin in a new coaching program. UCF might be their best OOC game and Michigan is the only decent in-conference game on their schedule.

Louisville and Ohio State are some real winners in regards to scheduling. Neither deserve a BCSCG unless they go undefeated and I'd probably put them below a 1-loss SEC or PAC-12 team even if they were undefeated.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
They're definitely gonna start 4-0. All of their OOC opponents are definitely beatable unless Sonny Dykes announces his presence with authority with Cal by knocking off tOSU

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
What i found funny about the article is that just about every point he uses to demonstrate that OSU can beat Bama was also used to demonstrate that ND could beat Bama.

That's some grade-AU homering, folks.

Ohio State had a hard enough time beating Michigan last season. They lose a lot off last year's team, well, defensively speaking. They lose 2 off the offense. They have their starting Oline intact, almost. I just don't know who they are going to stop upfront. If they can't get the defense off the field then all bets are off. I really want to play and beat these guys though. They don't have SEC speed and Urban was figured out as soon as the ball kicked off in the 2009 SECCG.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I find it much more plausible, highly so in fact, that there is no SEC team in the NC game than Ohio State playing an SEC team and beating it.

I compare Ohio State to the Boise State teams of a few years ago. They are an NC threat because their schedule makes it very likely that they'll go undefeated. However, I would have given those Boise State teams a chance in the NC game against an SEC opponent. Ohio State has no chance. As someone else said, the talent difference is vast.

There are teams that can break the SEC's reign (though again, I think it will ultimately end when NO SEC team makes the NC game), but Ohio State is not one of them. Not even close.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I find it much more plausible, highly so in fact, that there is no SEC team in the NC game than Ohio State playing an SEC team and beating it.
That is an interesting point. The streak of seven might end, but just because an SEC team is not in the game. In fact, no SEC has ever lost a BCS championship game going back to Tennessee in January 1999 (except for LSU in 2012).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.